Sunday, December 28, 2014

Creative Memories - Journey in Scrapbooking

Creative Memories Photo Album:  The start of Mother/Daughter journey in creating photo album pages, unlike the plastic sheets you stored photos in, was first experienced in attending a Creative Memories Party somewhere around 1998.  So we started taking apart the Photo Books and creating 12"x12" scrapbook pages from some of the more current photos.  In fact in a garage sale last year I gave away some Creative Memories Scrapbook Refill Pages, (almost vintage) that didn't show any aging, which says a lot for the quality of Creative Memories products.

Book Binders:  Then we changed from Creative Memories Photo Albums to 8 1/2"x11" Albums and went to regular Book Binders.  It was less expensive and my daughter had hundreds and hundreds of pictures of her family that she wanted to scrapbook.  We were very careful in selecting acid free papers, cardstock, stickers and embellishments so the photos did not break down and cause yellowing and deterioration on photos and pages over time.  As you will see later all my scrapbook pages were done approximately 15 years ago and there was no deterioriation or yellowing.  Just last year, I packed up most all of my scrapbooking materials and gave to a friend for one of her nieces.  I only kept behind CTMH products, our new venture. 

Close to My Heart:  In 2006 my daughter attended a CTMH gathering and after she worked with their products she decided that she wanted to become a Consultant.  Back to 12"x12" scrapbook pages and she moved a lot of her 8 1/2"x11" album pages into a 12"x12" page.  At that time, I went a different direction...moved to Arizona, and continued my full time employment from home.  Since then she has moved out to Arizona and I have again picked up on papercrafting, more in cards than scrapbook pages.  And now just recently getting into sketch challenges.  Haven't won any recognition yet, but with each one I gain more experience in my interpretations and I will some day have a sticker on my blog for one of these challenges.  I even took one of my Old Scrapbook pages and made it into a 12"x12" which you will see later in My History tab. 

I have my daughter (now my mentor) critique some of my work and ask her suggestions on whether it needs anything more...and she's very gracious and kind and often says "you don't need anything, it's beautiful".  Click on bzscrapper66 and see some of the very creative and beautiful papercrafting she has done with CTMH products.  Now, my daughter is sharing her creativity with me.   

No comments: