Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy Is As Happy Does - Happy Birthday

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #206: Join us in this week’s challenge combining Flaxen, Peacock, Poppy, Ruby, Saffron and Whisper (all and only)...these are the colors in the Florence PaperPak.  Looking forward to seeing your inspirations for this color challenge. We encourage you to use CTMH products; however you may use any products to participate using closest to colors...and still join in the fun. You have until Thursday, August 18 to enter your project.  

My Color Challenge was combined with the Heart2Heart Challenge "Copy This".  Hop on by these challenges to see the DT's inspiration and many entrant projects.  


"COPY THIS" Simply flip through your new Annual Inspirations (like you haven't done that a million times already!) and find some artwork you especially love. Then COPY THAT artwork! Of course you can put your own spin on the projects and tweak them any way you'd like.  My Selection was on Page 46 of the Annual Inspirations...however instead of stamp set I used gear die-cuts in my design.  


Love the Florence Paper Pack...so this was an easy decision for my color challenge...I could have chosen the design paper which included all the colors; but decided to use the other papers instead for a more masculine card.  

However, three changes and photos later, finally finished (all and only) colors on my card. My first mistake was using White Daisy for the first layer of the gears and my sentiment...only to find when I went to write my blog White Daisy was not one of the colors...so Whisper was added as a layer on the card panel, changed the Sentiment with one of the other design papers and colored the daisy white gear layers with a grey ShinHan alcohol-based pen.  2nd mistake, didn't have poppy on the card, so cut another gear and layered over the ruby gear at the corner of the sentiment.  3rd mistake, didn't have flaxen on my card...so another gear was cut and put next to the poppy gear.  So...three sets of Photos later...this was the final answer (I mean card).   

Close up of gears showing dimension and colors.  Warning: If you don't use the floral sheet, make sure you have (all and only) colors on  your card...don't make the same mistakes I did.  
Added a few more gears in design papers on the inside of the card and left room for a personal note.  
Also submitted to the following challenges
Between the Folds - 27B "CTMH Florence Paper Pack"


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise

Design Paper 
     Florence 
Cardstock 
     Whisper and inside Daisy White 
Stamp Sets 
     CC1014 Pair-a-Phrase 
     D1653 Happy Everything Operation Smile 
Die-Cuts 
     SpellBinders "Sprightly Sprockets"  
Inks/Pens 
     ShinHan Alcohol-based Pen "GG3 Green Grey" 
Embellishments 
     Florence Sequins 
Other
     3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape 


     







14 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card! Love all those gears and the sequins are a great touch.

Brandi said...

I love it. I would have never thought gears and Florence in the same project but it is awesome! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF)!

Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Melanie R said...

I love this card.... it would work for either gender. I'm going to try to enter the challenge this week because your card is such an inspiration!

Colleen said...

I love that sentiment with all those gears going around! Fabulous card and thank you so much for sharing it at Seize the Birthday Challenge!

Peanut said...

What a pretty project, Sue! Love the sweet colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Unknown said...

Sue - what a great way to incorporate multiple design challenges. I love your gears and did a masculine version for my own Color Dare entry and realized as I read your post that I did use a piece of White Daisy on my card....oops!

Alyson Mayo said...

Funny how mistakes can lead to the best cards... those "oops" led to a really terrific card that will make someone very happy, I'm sure. Great gears, great colours and an awesome card overall (with all the correct colours - finally!) Nicely done.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great adaptation of the AI artwork--very masculine! Your creativity awes me yet again!
:) Marie

Lauren said...

What a fabulous card and I can totally see where the inspiration came from, yet you have made it your own. Love it! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

Laurie Levorson said...

Awesome card! Very clever to use the gears in place of the stamped images and the colors are so nice. Florence paper is so fab! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart.

P.G. Lamb said...

I prefer your version, mainly because it's unique and we rarely find great masculine cards. Yours is an inspiration!

laurie said...

So awesome! I love all the gears. Thanks for joining us at Happy little Stampers!

Annette Clark said...

This turned out great, inside and out! I love that you used all the different colors to make the gears, and how the image of the gears brings to mind movement and just seems to bring a fun energy to your card. Great masculine card, thanks for sharing with us at Between The Folds!

Glenda J said...

These gears are so terrific! This bold card would be great for a guy - and I know I never have enough masculine cards! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.