Monday, November 6, 2023

DTC Challenge #153B "Recipe to a Happy Harvest" - Card 2 Happy Harvest

This is my Design Team project for Double Trouble Challenge #153 "Recipe to a Happy Harvest" which includes at least 3 patterned papers, 2 embellishments and 1 Fall or Harvest Item. Twisted Sister's optional twist is to consider using Try Stampin' On Tuesday Sketch #632 and add a sentiment for another chance at the random drawing.  





When making another card for this challenge, I set it aside for a future date.  I had many additional pre-cut/layered patterns from the Gnome paperpack which I was able to put together for a second card. Chose three of the patterned papers but this time chose a Cornucopia image for my Recipe.  

Colored my image with Copic Sketch brushes using a variety of colors to match the colors in the paperpack, rectangle sized with part of the image fussy-cut and then layered with pumpkin cardstock.  Sentiment was stamped below the image on the larger panel and two green dots were added in the upper r-h corner to finish my "Recipe".  

On the inside of the card added some patterned paper to the the right-hand side border.  
 


I'm not laughing now because I got two cards out of my decision to use a striped turkey in my first card (see here).  

Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble, check out the Design Teams inspiration and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there. You may also like to hop over to Try Stampin' on Tuesday, check out their Design Team members inspiration and see how easy it might be to combine these two challenges.

Also entered at the Following Challenges
   (All Colors were Used)  
Inspiration Station Nov "Inspiration Prompt 55" (My inspiration as were the Fall Colors) 










CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers 
     Gnomes for Autumn 
Cardstock 
     Pumpkin and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     A1310 "Cornucopia"  
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Sakura Gelly Roll "White" 
     Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base) 
        Brown:  E13, E23, E31, E35, E50, E55
        Red:  R17, 
        Gray:  C01
        Green:  G12, G28, G94, G99 
        Orange/Yellow:  YR15, YR21, YR27, YR68, E07  
        Shading Used for Dimension:  BV23  
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Dots - Daisy Meadows "Green"

 

12 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Terrific collection of harvest-related items - perfect for autumn!

Kellianne said...

Love your cornucopia too! The pattern paper you used is perfect. Love that you put some on the inside too :)

Diane said...

Fabulously designed fall card in pretty fall colors!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Johanna said...

Beautiful paper choices and great design. I love how you incorporated all the colours from one challenge and still made it work for ours. Thanks for joining us at cardz4galz, Johanna DT

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done with these pretty colors and papers and a great image too! Thank you so much for joining in at Four Seasons and I spy with my little eye!

Ellibelle said...

I think I may have already commented, but just in case I didn't, I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous fall themed creation at Four Seasons challenge as twell as I spy with my little eye! So great to see you at both challenges!

Donna Scholz said...

Suzanne, what beautiful papers you chose! I didn't realize you are also an accomplished colorist!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card Suzanne, and I love the patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Pauline C said...

Lovely harvest image and fab autumnal coloured papers. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
Pauline xx

Sue Jackson said...

As soon as I saw this card I knew it was for the Double Trouble Challenge, and it pairs perfectly with our Cardz 4 Galz #211. Wonderful card, and it's fabulous that you have three challenges in one project. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

foleysfriend said...

A perfect harvest/fall card. The patterned papers you chose and the colors you used on your image go so well together. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

sue n.

Melanie R said...

A lovely array of fall images! Thank you for sharing with us at TSOT Challenge #632. -- Melanie R.