Monday, September 18, 2023

Double Trouble Challenge #148 "Any Way you Punch It"

This is my Design Team project for Double Trouble Challenge #148 "Any Way You Punch It" and partnering with I Spy With My Little Eye "Farm Animal".  I knew my die cut would be a frame; but didn't know where this was going until I looked through my stash for Twisted Sister's optional twist to include a farm animal in celebration of Chicken or Cat Month.  




Wow, in my stash I found a stacked Chickens' image... had no idea where it came from until investigating on the internet it was a Stampin' Up "Hey Chick" stamp set. In our Little Crop Group there were two Stampin' Up enthusiasts. The images were so cute I had to stamp them in a stack for future use. It has to be at least four years, or more, sitting in my stash waiting to be used for Twisted Sister's optional twist to include a farm animal in celebration of Chicken Month. And this image was perfect for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #543 (using a Slimline instead of A2 for the length of the image) and choice of colors from the Color Dare's Color Board #565

My background is a floral pattern from the Melon Maniac paperpack, bordered with Avacado cardstock and adhered to card base. The two stitched / scalloped rectangle die cuts were patterned papers from Mix-In packets (a Lemonade Checker and an Avacado dotted pattern) and adhered to the background as in sketch. Next I fussy-cut the stacked chickens, colored with Copic Sketch pens closest to melon, lemonade and avacado and then adhered to the Avacado scalloped die cut with 3D thin foam tape for dimension.  Cut each sentiment and bordered with Avacado cardstock and adhered directly to the background cuts.  

On the inside some of the extra cut scalloped die cuts, in each color, were glued on the r-h border and across the bottom.  As I was coloring and working with the layout I had a smile on my face for the great discovery in my stash and how everything was going together with the other two challenges... I'm pleased with my card, hope this brings a smile to your face as well.  



Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble and I Spy With My Little Eye to check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there. 

And don't forget to check out the other challenges, you may be able to use them as well.   






Also entered at the Following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers 
     Melon Mania 
Cardstock  
     Avacado and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     Stampin' Up "Hey Chick"  
Dies 
     Tutti Design "Slimline Stitched Scalloped Rectangles" 
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Sakura Gelly Roll "White" .08
     Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base) 
        Brown:  E42, E43, E50
        Melon:  YR15, YR02
        Gray:  C0, C1
        Avacado Green:  YG63
        Yellow:  Y13 
        Shading Used for Dimension:  BV23  
     Copic Multi-Liner "Black"   
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

13 comments:

Ellibelle said...

What a fun creation with all these cute hens and eggs! And perfect choice of patterned papers for the background!
Ellie (of I spy with my little eye challenge)
Ellibelle's Corner

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great idea to stack all the chickens with the eggs on top! This is so cute - and a great use of the sketch for Atlantic Hearts :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

That set cracks me up! (ha ha) I like how you used the sketch, fun card!

Debi said...

This card puts a smile on my face. Who doesn't love a tower of chicks?

Michelle said...

What a cute stack of farm animals! Very clever way to use our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Kellianne said...

Love that you found your chicken stack in a stash just waiting to be used! It's cute! And it goes perfect with that sketch. Fun fall card Sue! :)

Dena J said...

Sooo cute! What fun to find that image - see why we save everything? :-)
Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Becca Yahrling said...

This is hysterical! And so fun!! Even your coloring is fun. Love the design.

Cat Nowak said...

How fun is the stack of chickens! Love this fun card!

Pauline C said...

Fabulous fun design! Thanks so much for sharing at Ellie's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge - Something on a Farm
Pauline xx

Golden Goddess Designs said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! I love this stamp set and what you did with it. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. good luck!

Alicia

crzy4scrapbooking said...

I love this, so adorable! I love the chicks and eggs! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

sweetpea said...

What a fun creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy Challenge Janet DT