Friday, September 15, 2023

It's Your Day - Color Dare Challenge #566 "Triple Play"

This is my Design Team project for Color Dare Challenge #566 "Triple Play" combining with Sketch Saturday Challenge #734, flipped to portrait. My daughter and I were zooming and I was making this card for celebrating her birthday.  I forgot to do a photo of the card so my daughter took one for me.  



Stamped images using Memento "Black" Ink, cut using thin cuts and colored with Copic Sketch brushes (alcohol-base)... created the plaid on the gnome with the three colors closest to the Color Board.  Used the same colors for the balloons and gnome sitting on the cupcake and applied a dark chocolate icing with some Sundance sprinkles.  

I had just finished coloring and someone was at my front door... and much to my surprise it was my youngest son, his wife and kids visiting from back East. So needless to say our Zoom ended, my card making was at a stand still until they all went out to the pool. My daughter and her husband were expected over for dinner to celebrate so I quickly put together my card so I too could hop in the pool.    

Decided to use the three colors for the Cut background panels as shown in sketch, using two patterned papers (Sundance and Desert Rose Mix-Ins) bordered with Rosemary cardstock, and cut the banner from Rosemary cardstock. Adhered the larger gnome with balloons direct to background, and used 3-D thin foam tape for the cupcake.  I'm off to the pool.      

I forgot to take a photo of her card before she went home so the next day asked her to photo one for me... she did and it wasn't until then I noticed I had neglected to put something in place of the little arrows in the sketch... but I talked myself into the strings from the balloon worked and the little gnome on top of the cupcake was sitting in front of the little arrows.  Sentiment stamped on the Sundance patterned paper.  


Please hop on over and join us at Color Dare's Color Board #564 and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there. 

Also entered at the Following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers 
     Mix-ins for Sundance and Desert Rose 
Cardstock 
     Rosemary and White Daisy 
Stamps / Die 
     Z3982 Stamp & Thing Cuts "Party Gnome" 
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
        Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base)  
        Brown:  E33, E35 
        Gray:  C00, C1, C3, C5, C7 
        Desert Rose:  E04, E08,
        Rosemary:  YG03, YG63, YG67
        Sundance:  Y19, Y38
        Shading Used for Dimension:  BV23  
        Copic Multi-Liner "Black" 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

9 comments:

Debi said...

What a fun card! Love your plaid! Great take on the sketch.

R's box of dreams said...

Such a cute cards! I love the colors !

Diane said...

Super cute and a creative and fun take on our sketch!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
Diane SS DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Sketch Saturday}

Becca Yahrling said...

The gnomes are so cute! Love the pretty pattern papers you used for this really fun layout. Lots of interest!

Vandra said...

I always love a gnome card, so fun! Great reason to be interrupted with a surprise visit... how lovely.

Michelle said...

What a fun card, but then who doesn't smile when gnomes are involved! Great blend of the sketch with our colors. Love it!

Susan Renshaw said...

Always love a gnome! Great make for Color Dare!

Melissa Craig said...

Gnomes are my one of my faves! How cute is this card.

Aimee said...

cute cute cute ❤️