Friday, July 21, 2023

Celebrate Your Day - Color Dare #558 "TicTacToe"

Here  is my Design Team Card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge #558 "Tic Tac Toe" I saw a reel on Instagram #Melissascraftingtreehouse that would be perfect for a combination of my Mix-In patterned papers for the colors I chose (Row 1: Melon, Sundance and Sage).  It's a colorful and fun background to put together and in fact had left over scraps to do a second card, with same colors in a future Color Dare challenge... you'll have to wait to see that one.     




The frame for sentiment was similar to the one in the reel... stamped Paper Sweeties sentiment "Celebrate Your Day" as it can be used for any occasion and loved the font.   Adhered sentiment direct to background.  

Some of the same patterned papers were used for stamping my florals (instead of coloring) and then fussy-cut (even though I had the thin dies) and adhered with thin foam tape for dimension on opposite corners of the sentiment tag.  Aside from the fussy-cutting this was a pretty quick card and if I had used the dies, even quicker. 

Inside of card:  Used some of the additional cuts from background on two sides and in the middle placed another flower between them.   



Please stop by and have some fun with Color Dare #558 TicTacToe Color Board  and check out what our Team Members and Entrants have created.  Hope to see you there.

CTMH Productions Unless Specified Otherwise:  
Design Papers 
     Mix In Paper Packers using Colors Melon, Sundance and Sage 
Cardstock 
     Sundance and White Daisy 
Stamp  
     Z3960 "Doodled Florals" w/Thin Cuts - But were fussy-cut
     Paper Sweeties "So Sweet of You" Sentiments 
Dies 
     My Favorite Things "Scalloped Stitched Rectangles" 
Other 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 


6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the cozy feeling your card has. It's so pretty in our colors and I love the peek at the inside too.

Debi said...

Cute card! Great use of scraps!

Vandra said...

Love all the patterns and textures. Great use of small paper scraps. I never think to use patterns like that but I really love your finished product!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous selection of papers on this wonderful card. I love how you added more DSP to the inside of the card to bring that up a notch. I need to get better about the insides of my cards.

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE this card! It looks like a hand-sewn quilt.

Aimee said...

This card is so sweet. I love mixing patterned papers. xoxo