Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sending You Get Well Wishes - AHSC #412

I love this stamp set from CTMH and just needed to create a card. The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #412 was perfect for my butterfly.  

Aside from coloring more time was spent on getting a good full print of all the detail.  Stamping with Versa Mark you can't really see whether it's covering all the detail until you shake on the  embossing powder to see some detail missing. Not sure whether this is a defect in the stamp or my stamping.  Misti or a brush for even pressure, nothing worked.   

After several attempts, and being persistent, I stamped it again (3 times using the Misti) and Memento "Black" ink so I could clearly see all the detail, let it dry and then stamped with Versa Mark.  When the heat embossing was completed if embossing powder was lacking it didn't show because of the black stamping.  

Usually I'll pick out my paper before coloring my image for a closer match of colors but had decided I would use a white background with a black strip.  So picked up my Sketch brush pens and completed the coloring of the butterfly and then fussy-cut.  Unintentionally I put it down on the plaid that was sitting on my desk from Daisy Meadows paperpack which I had just used on a previous card... it made me happy. 

Now, I wasn't undecided of the solid black strip... so went to my border dies and found a die that wasn't solid and decided to tone down the black and cut one in the Peacock color that was in the plaid and another cut in yellow... made me happier.  Stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, layered with peacock, and also layered my plaid with peacock and assembled on my card base.  And unusual for me; no thin 3D foam tape used and still pleased with the demension.  


  




Also sent to the following Challenges:  

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Daisy Meadows 
Cardstock 
     Peacock and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     S2103 Winged Masterpiece SOTM 
Dies 
     Pretty Pink Posh "Twine and Bows"      
Pens/Inks 
     Memento "Black" 
     Versa Mark 
     Copic Sketch alcohol-base Brush Pens 
        BG11, BG32, BG34, R81, R83, R85, V20, V22, V25 
        Y06, Y08, Y11, YG25, YG61, YG63 
Other 
     Ranger "Black" Fine Embossing Powder 
     
 



10 comments:

Dena J said...

Love your coloring of this gorgeous butterfly! Thank you for sharing your card with us at AHSC this week.

Denise Willerton said...

such a stunning butterfly ~ beautifully done!!T hanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

Allisa said...

Love the fun color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Great use of the sketch & the butterfly is colored beautifully!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S - Design Team

Billie A said...

Very pretty. Love the pretty flowers /butterfly. I love the background and the awesome twine. So pretty. Thanks for sharing over at Always Fun challenge and Colour Crazy.

N-Eva said...

Your card is so cute. Love the colors and great coloring. It's really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges .Neva

Brandi said...

Stunning, that butterfly is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

libbystamps said...

Great take on the sketch this week! Thank you for joining Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Wendy L said...

It's a lovely image, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Caz said...

Beautiful make...Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT...Hope to see you again soon..

Caz xx