Saturday, April 23, 2016

Nuts About Fishing Gift Card

Between the Folds Weekly Challenge this week is using the CTMH Regatta design papers...which is a great masculine paper pack...so I made a Birthday Card for my grandson, who loves to fish and loves to shop at Cabela's for his fishing equipment.  The image is from BugabooStamps  "Nuts About - Fishing."  


For inside the Pretty Pink Posh rectangular stitched frame I used one of the PML Cards from the paper pack for the background, added a zip strip at the bottom, fussy-cut and adhered Mr. Peanut with 3D Foam Tape for dimension.  For a couple decorative panels behind the frame, using the inside of a couple frames previously cut, and adhered to the Anchor design paper background.  The tackle box was a die-cut from Cricut Design Space, and I created the text and adhered the sentiment to the Tackle Box.  


Inside of Card:  The same die-cut was used for the tackle box but enlarged to fit in a Gift Card, and the sentiment was from Cricut Design Space, but modified.  




All CTMH Products Unless Otherwise Specified

Design Paper
     Regatta  
Cardstock
     White Daisy, Pomegranate, Flaxen and Black 
Die-Cuts - Cricut Design Space 
     Inside Sentiment - Birthday Bash #M3B919 
     Tackle Box - Outdoor Man #M4239E 
     Front of Card Sentiment - Created Text
Die-cuts - Other 
     Pretty Pink Post Rectangular scalloped/stitched 
Other / Embellishments 
     Fish - From Neighbor 
     3D Foam Tape - Thin and Regular

 

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a stunning project
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Melanie R said...

This is great! I'm not sure which of the many elements and details I like the best. So glad you found your tackle box image you were seeking. I'll bet Ethan will be happy about the gift card!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love this card...when I saw it I immediately thought of my brother-in-law! Your cards always go the extra mile!

Donna said...

What a fun & fabulous card! Love all the layering of different papers in the background and love the fishing peanut....too cute. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Amy Pitts said...

Ha this is really cute and I was so surprised when you opened the card and their was a tackle box inside!

Marlena M. said...

This is so cute!

Tracey said...

How cute is that nutty fisherman, fabulous card..love all the layers of pattern paper. Great idea for a gift card too!

Brandi said...

I so need that nuts about fishing little guy, my husband is new to fishing but has taken to it like a fish to water...he he he I love the card, works great with Regatta. It made me chuckle!

Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca