Thursday, April 28, 2016

Awesome

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #191Join us in this week’s challenge combining the colors, Colonial White, Sorbet, Sunset and Poppy (all and only) until Thursday, May 5, 2016 to create and link up your project ...look forward to seeing your inspirations for this color challenge. We encourage you to use CTMH products; however you may use any products to participate using closest to colors...and still join in the fun. 

Combined the Color Challenge to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #156 and SweetSketch Wednesday was also a very similar sketch.  Please hop by to see the many DT member inspirations and join in the challenges...you still have time.  

 


I wasn't real excited about this color combination, but I do like each of these colors separately...so how do I bring them all together.  Well, my concentration was on poppy, using the other two colors as accents, and colonial white to break between each of these colors. 

Since there were not too many design papers that pulled me into the color combination, I resorted once again to Paper Fundamentals and Cricut Design Space for die-cuts.  


The sun ray background was a modified version of the half sun beam.  Did some slicing, copied and reversed image, more slicing, lined up on top for full sunbeam, attached and welded.  Cut two panels of full sunbeam and adhered to background.  




CTMH Products Unless Otherwise Specified

Cardstock
     Paper Fundamentals Enchantment "Poppy"
     Paper Fundamentals Adventure "Sunset" 
     Sorbet, Poppy, Daisy White Cardstock 
Die-Cuts from Cricut Design Space 
     Hibiscus M31DDD - Life is a Beach 
     Hummingbird M3970A - Nouveau
     Sunbeams M42499 - CTMH Artbooking (Modified) 

Die-Cuts
     Awesome - Waffle Flower
Stamp Ink 
     Poppy for distressing on some of the pieces
Embellishments 
     Ribbon Assortment - Michael's 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 




20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful cad Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Donna said...

Wow...beautiful card! Love how you layered all your die-cuts and the placement of "awesome" is perfect.

Dena J said...

Stunning card. Love the layering of colors on the hummingbird! I admire your skillful use of design space....I am so not able to modify things so cleverly. Thanks for linking to AHSC. Always enjoy seeing your creations.

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful!!! I love the humming bird and flower with the sun rays.

Melanie R said...

Great card! You know I love hummingbirds and your interpretation of the sketch is outstanding.

Heide said...

Fantastic card, love the sun rays and your beautiful hummingbird image. Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Michelle said...

Your bird is just gorgeous! Great use of the sketch too! Thank you for joining us at AHSC.

Lisa said...

This turned out gorgeous! Wish I'd had time to play along...love this color combo! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic hearts this week!

Michelle said...

Wonderful card! I love the bird. You did a fantastic job layering the die- cuts!

anne said...

Lovely and bright and a great humming bird die-cut too. Don't forget to include our sketch in your post.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT

Kathie said...

What a lovely bright card Sue, and that humming bird die cut is so good and what a great idea with the die you've used. Great card and thanks so much for sharing with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT
P.S Don't forget to comment on SSW2 blog to be eligible to be the winner or in our Top 3 cards also include our sketch of this weeks card on your posting.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Kathie, it's been awhile since I've done a challenge with SSW2, and thank you so much for reminding me of the comment...should have read the rules for any other updates.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Thanks Anne for reminding me of the Sketch, appreciate it.

Unknown said...

What a great card. Very nice layout and I love what you did with the cricut cut. Very interesting layers and the bird is adorable.

Sami said...

Lovely card I really do like the sunburst background! Thanks for playing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Linda Norman said...

Your slicing was worth it! What a fun card! The background was perfect to break up the colors some! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Linda
DT ASCH
www.scrappytherapy.com

Brandi said...

Great card, I love the colours. I also really love the sunbursts and what you did with them. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous card, Sue! I love the hummingbird and hibiscus cricut cuts and your modified sunbeam. It makes the perfect platform to highlight your focal image. Thanks for inspiring me today (as always!)
:) Marie

Joanna M. said...

I love monotone cards and this one is just stunning. I love how you modified the sunburst die ... a really clever idea. So glad that you joined in the fun this fortnight.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

P.G. Lamb said...

Sue, I absolutely love your hummingbird card! You aced the orange challenge with this beautiful card. :-D