Thursday, April 28, 2016

Arizona Spring Cacti Album

This Mini Accordion Photo Album was created for the April Heart2Heart Challenge "Photo Op" and will be given to my sister-in-law to share the beautiful flowers on our cacti in the Spring time of Arizona.

The first picture is the front of the album measuring 5" x 5" with the inside pages being 4" x 4" (measurements of the cuts are at the bottom of this blog.  I did one of these albums for my neighbor so had limited directions on how to cut and fold the album...I could not find a You Tube on this, and I believe my daughter shared these with me.      


This is the back side of the Album, stamping and masking two stamp sets.     



After cutting and scoring and adhering your (3) panels, you cut and lay out your photos any way you want, along with some design paper to break up some of the pictures.  



The next three pictures show you a closer view of each of the 3 panels.  









Also submitted to the following
Between the Folds - Challenge 20A "Flip Flaps or Fancy Folds" 
DL.Art April Linky Party "Anything Goes" 

The Outlawz Challenges - Thursday "Anything Goes" Twist: "Anything Goes" 









CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise:
Design Paper
     Sangria
     Pathfinder
     S.E.I. - Mirelle
Stamp Sets
     M1060 Arizona Everyday Life
     C1643 Stuck On You Seasons & Natur
Enhancements
     Ribbon - Chocolate Collection

Squash Book Tutorial: "MayMay Make It"  Toni Lynn Holstein Moffatt, a facebook commenter told me the name of this project.  So I looked on You Tube and found one similar to my album.  Click on MayMay tutorial for instructions.  Kinda wish I had this tutorial before I did my album and the edging and bow attachment would be correct.  

The combinations of your photos and design papers can be put on any space, in any order, on any square or triangle or you can even do a full square and use triangles.  Do whatever looks good for you. Make sure when you are adhering the design papers and photos that you don't overlap them on the fold lines.   



 

15 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful project! The flower photos really pop with the patterned papers you used. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Alyson Mayo said...

Those are some gorgeous photos... what a memorable gift! Love the choice of the cactus on the back; so perfect for Arizona and then the state on top of it. Awesome.

Lauren said...

What a beautiful gift for your sister in law! The folded out pages look absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H challenges.

Coelle said...

Awesome project!!!

Amy Pitts said...

wow that is some fancy folding! Your SIL is going to be so happy. Thank you for playing along with us at Between the Folds

Melanie R said...

Very nice photo album! I love the one you made for me of our trip to Grand Canyon. This is a fabulous gift for your sister-in-law.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Love cactus blooms. Great use of all of those pictures....hmmmmmm......

Gerda said...

What a fabulous project!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! Awesome project, beautiful photos. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

Shelly said...

WOW OH WOW! This is fabulous, the pictures are gorgeous and the album is fantastic!

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's for the April Symbol challenge.
Shelly

Brandi said...

WOWZERS! Now that is some fancy folding! I love it, great work!

Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Deb Killian said...

What a fun project! Beautiful pictures. Thanks for playing along in our Flip Flaps and Fancy Folds over at Between the Folds Blog Challenge. Deb

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic and love how you display all the beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing the tutorial also. Thanks for joining us at TT.
Hugs Pat

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Comments from The Outlawz Thursdays "Anything Goes":

Camille Short on Saturday
Oh my, just amazing your creativity! So delightful!!

Nicole Chambers, DT on Saturday
Gorgeous work Suzanne!

Jean Chaney, DT on Saturday
What a gorgeous card fold with such beautiful AZ images, Suzanne. Such a perfect card to send someone who can not even begin to imagine the beauty of the desert! (I remember seeing AZ Highways when I lived in NJ and thought the photos had to be doctored up. Nope!)

Janet McLaughlin,DT on Saturday
Wow, stunning card, Suzanne! I love the intricate folds and the gorgeous photos! This could be a travel brochure for Arizona!

NanaConnie on Sunday
Fantastic photography on the cactus flowers, Suzanne, and I love the fancy fold you did to showcase them! Wonderful creation.

Laura Kovala DT on Sunday
Beautiful Suzanne! Love this fancy fold mini-album!

Carrie Sheridan, DT on Monday
This is a gorgeous project, Suzanne! Those flowers are stunning, and you've found a way to display them so beautifully!

Marie Gamber yesterday
How beautiful and creative! I Love the gorgeous flowers! Marie

Patricia St Martin,DT yesterday
Suzanne, This is so amazing and a wonderful way to display all the stunning flowers the Cacti give. Such a great idea and thanks for sharing it with us.

Patricia St Martin,DT yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yK0POoi1eM
Not sure if this will work but youtube has a tutorial on how to make Suzanne project
It is called Squash Explosion mini Album tutorial
this is the link for the video but not sure if it will work but if not you can put in the name of the tutorial and youtube should bring it up.

Patricia St Martin,DT yesterday
Yes it does work!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds yesterday
Pat, thank you and the Design Team on the many compliments on my Squash Card/Photo Album. And glad you included this tutorial on The Outlawz, it really is a fantastic tutorial. I did mine before I found what they called this fold, someone on Facebook gave me the fold name and then I looked up the tutorial and it is so easy to follow...enjoy. I wish I had seen this before I finished my album and it would have made it easier.

Patricia St Martin,DT yesterday
Thanks Suzanne for sharing that with us and hope some of the girls will give it a try. You did such a beautiful job.

Brandi said...

Wow, what a great project! I love the unique way you captured the beauty of cacti! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF)!

Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca