Monday, July 1, 2024

Double Trouble #170 partnering with Park Hopping, My Happy Place

This is my Design Team card for Double Trouble #170 "YOU-nique Technique" and partnering with Park Hopping, My Happy Place "July".  Thing 1 Trouble Maker wants you do use embossing "Dry or Heat" and/or stenciling on your project.  

Thing 3 Twisted Sister wants you to consider using some water and/or theme park experience.  My initail thought was using a tube stamp I used several years ago for one of the water experiences; but I couldn't find my tube.  So my water experience went in the direction of Seaworld for the Orca (killer whale) experience.  If you want a splash of water to cool you off for the rest of the day sit in the first couple rows at the Orca experience.  




Using Lagoon ink I blended the background with a wave stencil, then used a cracked glass embossing folder to give it dimension and bordered with Lagoon cardstock.  Stamped, colored and used dies to cut the whales and fishies. Stamped sentiment on white cardstock, bordered with Lagoon cardstock and added the little fishies with 3D thin foam tape.  The inside of the card, stamped the right-hand bottom of the card base with waves and fishies.  

 

Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble's "YOU-nique Technique" and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there.

And add some fun and join Park Hopping, My Happy Place and include some water experience and earn additional chances to our random draw. 









Also entered at the Following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Cardstock 
     Lagoon and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     LDRS Creative No. 3126  "Whale Wishes"
Dies 
     LDRS Creative No. 8067 "Whale Wishes Coordinating Dies" 
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Sakura Gelly Roll "White" 
     Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base) 
        Gray:  C00, C1, C3, C5 
        Aque:  B32. BG000
     Copic Multi-Liner "Black" 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

3 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Fabulous background and the whales are super cute :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

I don't know that I have ever stenciled and then embossed over it, but it really makes for great ocean water! Love those cute little fish on the bottom too!

Kellianne said...

This is so cute. I really love that stenciled and textured background! I love that you chose Sea World to center your theme around. I love my memory of visiting there as a child! :)