Tuesday, July 2, 2024

TSOT Challenge 650 - Love You Much

This is my Design Team project for Try a Sketch On Tuesday #650. While going through my inventory of my stash this cherry blossom stamp caught my attention because it reminded me of the shape of the postion of the circles in this sketch. Then the circles reminded me of a spotlight technique and thought using vellum behind the image would have that affect. 

The only other thing I had to figure out was the background and the panel with the sentiment.  When I have a card planned out and not all the pieces together I'll usually go in another direction;  but, not with this one, I just needed to press on and the balance of the sketch will come in place... and guess what it did.  




Much to my surprise the circles were exactly in the sizes needed so these were cut using a pink vellum. Cherry Blossom branch was stamped in Memento London Fog, colored with a Copic sketch pens, fussy cut and then adhered to the circles only to solidify the position of the circles until I knew what I was doing with my background and sentiment panel. 

Off to my stash again, selected a Mix-in patterned paper in Mink for the background and then bordered with Ballerina pink cardstock. Okay, now the panel and sentiment... instead of using another patterned paper I dug into my stash and chose a soft pink shimmer trim, cut narrower and adhered top and bottom of what would have been the panel. Adhered the circle/blossom piece on the patterned paper. 

Wanted more dimension so stamped another branch, colored and fussy-cut the flowers in the two middle circles and adhered with 3D thin foam tape. 

Oh, oh, not much room for a sentiment but I found one that filled the area nicely. But before stamping directly on card I used vellum on top of the card to see how it fit best.  

Thought I was done until I noticed I somehow smudged the upper right-hand corner telling me that space needed something to balance the card.  Using a hole punch cut three circles from the pink shimmer trim, placed them over the smudges and added liquid glass.  

On the inside right-hand corner of card base cut two more Vellum Circles and stamped one of the florals from the same stamp set, colored, fussy-cut and adhered on top of the circles.  

Please hop over to Try A Sketch on Tuesday to see their Design Team members inspiration and let us see what you create... hope to see you there.  










Also entered at the Following Challenges

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers 
     Vellum Circles 
     Mix-In X9056 "Mink" Pattern 
Cardstock 
     Ballerina and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     C1889 Cherry Blossoms A
Dies 
     Elizabeth Craft Designs "Dashing Circles" 
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "London Fog" Ink 
     Sakura Gelly Roll "White" 
     Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base) 
        Pink:  R00, R20, R30 
        Brown:  B35, B57
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Soft Pink Shimmer Trim 
     Liquid Glass 


4 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Suzanne - this is gorgeous and it does fit the sketch to a T. Wonderful card.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is super pretty - great idea to use vellum under the flowers!

Melissa Grant said...

Wow Suzanne, this is lovely! It works perfectly for the sketch...Very Nice!

Donna Walls said...

Great sketch and perfect way to use the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge