Monday, April 15, 2024

Make Room for Fairies in Your Garden - Double Trouble #164 with Crafter's Cafe

This is my Design Team project for Double Trouble #164 "CAS Less But Better" and using Twisted Sister's optional twist to use another color instead of using the white cardstock. I already had my stamp set picked out and when I saw Sketch Saturday #748 it was perfect for my three small fairy stamps. Our partner for this challenge is Crafter's Cafe "CAS".  

In the sketch I could see a lot of layers; but my intent was no layering nor embellishments so just had to figure out how this could be done. Next decision was the color I would use for the open space instead of white and when putting away a paper packet I had not yet used there was a real pretty varigated blue/white pattern with a floral that was also perfect for the distirbution of color and open space. 
 



Background patterned paper was cut to 4" x 5 1/4".  Placed and stamped the fairies with Black Memento Ink where each circle appeared. Looked at my rectangle frame cuts with the approximate size in sketch and cut the first frame in the center of the patterned paper, and the other frame was the size I had already cut and was able to get the stitching on the outer frame... how did that happen?  Reminded me of the layered stamping technique. For distinction of the smaller rectangle I brushed Glacier ink on the inner part of the larger frame.   

Wasn't satisfied with just the stamped fairy and thought it still needed the circle. A spotlight technique came to mind. Using a circle cut from vellum, placed the circle over each fairy, outlined the circle using a Copic Black Multi-liner and added clear Wink of Stella on each circle (photo below).  For the small sentiment rectangle I stamped a little flourish from the same stamp set.  

Another thought... this is where I brought in the Color My Heart Color Dare Board #595 since I used a Glacier background I only needed to chose two more colors and I chose the softer colors, pink (Peach) for the flowers and Seafoam for my card base.  

My daughter, my mentor, thought it still needed a sentiment... so went to Pinterest to see some of the sentiments used and found this one to be perfect with my floral background and fairies.  Printed the sentiment from my computer, bordered with a thin piece of Glacier cardstock and adhered directly to the patterned paper (ooops, a layer, blame it on Lisa); but I was very happy with my CAS card. Let me know what you think.      


On the inside corner stamped one of the other florals from the same stamp set along with the one used on the front of card and colored slightly with Copic colors similar to Seafoam and Peach.  

Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there.  

Also please go to Crafter's Cafe, our partner for this challenge and check out Design Team members inspiration and see how easy it might be to combine these challenges. 

CARD 2:  
Well, after looking at the card I wasn't sure whether the first card would be considered a CAS card for the Crafter's Cafe "CAS", our partner's requirement... so decided to do another card with the same images but different background paper and less patterns.  The card below does not meet the Color Dare challenge so just an entry for Crafter's Cafe "CAS" using the same Sketch Saturday Challenge #748.  



Also entered at the Following Challenges
Crafter's Cafe "CAS" 




CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers 
     Dream Maker (Floral with Glacier and White background)
Cardstock 
     Seafoam 
Stamps 
     B1174 "Flower Fairies" 
Dies 
     Crafting Desert Divas "Stitched Rectangle Frames"
Inks/Pens 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Copic Sketch Brushes (alcohol base) 
        Pink:  R30 (Closest to Peach) 
        Green:  G12 (On Inside of card, Closest to Seafroam)
     Copic Multi Liner 0.1 Black
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Zig "Wink of Stella" Clear 















6 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous cards, and I agree the second is a wonderful CAS version, and love the soft background colors!

Alyson Mayo said...

The second card is definitely CAS vs the first... love the soft colours with the placement of the black images.

Kellianne said...

You did a great job with these! I love how you did another one to fit a more CAS style. Those fairies are cute too :)

Cat Nowak said...

Both cards are lovely. I love the softness of the colors in each.

Becca Yahrling said...

Those fairies are so cute. Both cards are lovely and I like both sentiments with the fairies.

Jinny said...

Both cards are just beautiful. I especially love the sentiments. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny