Friday, June 9, 2023

Summer AKA Flip Flop Season - Double Trouble #140 "On A Warm Summer Day"

This is my Design Team project for Double Trouble Challenge #140 "On a Warm Summer's Day" and partnering with ColorMyHeart Color Dare #552 "Inspiration Photo".  Oh my, I had so much fun with the Inspiration Photo using the Twisted Sister's optional twist "include a flip-flop"... I went crazy with flip flops and I don't even like wearing them.  

For a jump start on my projects I generally look for a sketch and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #528 was perfect for my bouquet of colorful flip-flops. I cut out six masking flip flops so that I had enough for covering surrounding flip flops as I added each flip flop to my bouquet. A lot of masking and then a lot of fun coloring with Copic brush pens using a variety of colors in the Inspiration Photo. After satisfied with the shape, size and coloring of my Flip Flop Bouquet it was fussy cut to be adhered to a background.  





From one of the Mix-In packets I found a Toffee marbled patterned paper to use for a sandy background, but it needed more texture. Pulled out CTMH "Writing in the Sand" stamp, inked up with Toffee and I stamped away, and then took the Colonial White to lighten it up for a lighter sand... that worked.  Stamped on the Sentiments and then positioned the bouquet on the sandy background and ahered with 3D thin foam tape.  The embellishments of the shells were to act as the leaves of my Flip Flop Bouquet.  The starfish were stamped directly in the sand and the four larger shells were stamped, colored and fussy cut and randomly glued to the sand.  

Thought I was finished until my daughter had mentioned earlier to put flowers on the flip flops...  I knew just the ones to use because there was such a variety of colors. Now it is my Floral Flip Flop Bouquet... done and very pleased with the result.  What do you think?  

A more detailed view of my Floral Flip Flop Bouquet on a sandy beach.   


and photo of the inside 


 
Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble Challenge #140 "On a Warm Summer Day" and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there. You may also want to hop on over to ColorMyHeart Color Dare to check out their Design Team projects too. 


Also entered at the Following Challenges
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge - I was rewarded one of the Top 3 for this Challenge.  

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers
     X9042 Mix-In "Toffee" 
Cardstock 
     Mocha and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     Simon Says Stamp "Flip Flop Season" 
     D2102 "Writing in the Sand"  
     M1179 "Shells & Stars Essentials" 
Inks/Pens 
     Copic Sketch Pens (alcohol-base) 
       Pink: R81, R83, R89
       Green:  YG03, YG61 
       Blue:  B21, B24, B91,  
       Turquoise: B01, BG13, BG15 
       Yellow:  Y15, Y19
       Brown: E31, E23 
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Nutmeg Ink 
Embellishments 
     Kat Scrappiness "Mixed Floer Sprinkles" 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape  

12 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your flip flops are awesome, I think I need that stamp, so colorful and summery!

Aimee said...

Oh what an awesome card! That's a lovely pile of flip flops there.

Kellianne said...

This is darling! I love how the flip flops are the focal image for that Atlantic sketch! Love the way this turned out and I loved that inspiration photo too! Flip flops are my favorite kind of shoe :)

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that array of flip flops! So colourful and summery!

Dena J said...

How fun!! A colorful bouquet of flip flops :-) Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

foleysfriend said...

What a super fun bouquet of colorful flip flops! Great job of adding color and shading to them. I love that you added some other beach elements to your card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Melissa Craig said...

Super cute bouquet of flip flops! I smiled. :0)

Anna said...

What a fun interpretation of the the Atlantic Hearts sketch! Love the wonderful colors and summer vibes. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Michelle said...

I love the pile of colorful flip flops! Very cute!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Flip flops are such fun! I love how you used them instead of flowers to follow this week's AHSC sketch. Very clever! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week!
:) Marie
AHSC DT

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Such a great card and take on the AHSC Sketch. Cheers, for your win. Jolanda

Vandra said...

Such a fun idea to use flip flops to make a bouquet. A great colour dare and Double trouble creation.