Friday, June 9, 2023

I Heart Summer - Color Dare #552 "Inspiration Photo"

This is my Design Team project for ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge #552 "Summer Inspiration Photo" partnering with Double Trouble Challenge #140 "On a Warm Summer's Day" with Twisted Sister's optional twist to "include a flip flop".  

In my stash of stamp sets last year's June SOTM "I Heart Summer" had lots of Summer images which could be used for a seashore project along with the CTMH "Beach Party".  Stamped a couple of the images from Beach party; but then I put the whole stamp set for "I Heart Summer" as it sat on the plastic in my Misti and stamped the full set and when I pulled it out it seemed perfect to use all the border images and sentiments for my card... so "Beach Party" stamps were put aside.  




I pulled out my Copic Sketch brush pens and started coloring using the many colors in the Color Dare's inspiration photo and it wasn't long before my personalized  was complete.  I cut a border layer in Flamingo cardstock, adhered to the back of my personalized pattern and then adhered to the card base. Used the extra stamps on the inside right-hand corner and card was done (photo below).  




Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble Challenge #140 "On a Warm Summer Day" and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there. You may also want to hop on over to ColorMyHeart Color Dare #552 "Inspiration Photo" to check out their Design Team projects too. 


Also entered at the Following Challenges



CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Papers
     Personalized Stamped background 
Cardstock 
     Flamingo and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     S2206 "I Heart Summer"  
     M1179 "Shells & Stars Essentials" 
     CM003 "Beach Party" - Used Inside of Card
Inks/Pens 
     Copic Sketch Pens (alcohol-base) 
       Pink: R81, R83, R89
       Green:  YG03, YG61 
       Blue:  B21, B24, B91,  
       Turquoise: B01, BG15 
       Yellow:  Y15, Y19
       Brown: E17, E31, E23 
       Grey C0, C3, C5
     Memento "Black" Ink 
     Toffee Ink 

7 comments:

Cat Nowak said...

Love this card! I love all the beach and summer images!

Michelle said...

I love this card! Lots of fun summer images. Makes me want to go to the beach.

Aimee said...

what a great card. It looks like purchased patterned paper!

Debi said...

Love the addition of the starfish in the background. Fun card!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific collection of summer images! Love the “sand-like” background :)

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous! What great paper.

Vandra said...

I love you created your own paper with all those stamped images. I love your colouring in too.