Friday, January 3, 2020

Hello World - Color Dare #375 Blue Monochromatic

Here is my DT card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare #375 "Blue Monochromatic and All Neutrals Free" using the different design papers from CTMH "Into The Wild" paper pack, PML and complements to create a backdrop scene for the adorable hippo.    The hippo was stamped on a linen design paper from the packet, fussy-cut and adhered with 3D thin foam tape for more dimension.  The sentiment was taken from the PML sheet, layered with cardstock and adhered to star background.  

I was really pressed for time to get my card done and this prooved to be a project that took approximately an hour.  







Please visit Color Dare and see DT members' inspiration, along with other participants that have entered this challenge and join us in this fun color challenge. Color My Heart Color Dare challenges are carried forward for two weeks. 

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas  Thanks Patti J for sharing this information on a Shirley Temple song. It's a very catchy song and if you wish to hear it and bring back some memories just click on the song name...you'll love it.  


Also submitted to the following Challenges
Double Trouble #46 "Something, Anything, Everything"
   optional Twist "Something New"  
2Crafty Critter Crazies "Critter" 
Simply Create Too No. 156 "Monochromatic" - Chose Blue


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise: 
Design Paper 
     Into the Wild, PML and Stickers 
Cardstock
     Sapphire and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     C1784 Hippo-partymus 
Inks 
     Mememto "London Fog" Ink 
Other 
     3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape 

10 comments:

Melanie R said...

Sweet card, Sue! I like the geometric elements and soft colors.

A.Rose said...

What wonderful soft blue tones in your card! Love it!

Michelle said...

Sue I love the softness of the blues for the background. The hippo is too cute!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the shades of blue and grey that you used - and that hippo is just 'hip-hip-hooray" adorable.

Cat Nowak said...

Super cute baby card! Love it!

Patti J said...

Uh-oh, you have me singing 'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas'! Your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh-Oh, you had me curious on this song so looked it up and now I'm singing along too...very catchy song and I have included it on my post if anyone else wants to hear a Shirley Temple song "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". Thanks for sharing Patti J.

debi said...

What a precious card! Loved that paper pack & who can resist that hippo?

Paper Crafting With Rebecca said...

Awww, this is such a sweet card. Nice job!

Helen said...

Such a cute design - love it!

Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

Helen x