Friday, March 8, 2019

One of a Kind - Color Dare #333

This is my DT card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare #333, using the CTMH "So Much Happy" design papers and using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #306.  With the AHSC sketch the floral design paper was the perfect background.  Used one of the zip strips, fussy-cut a floral for the bow, adhered with 3D thin foam tape for dimension and added wink of Stella to the floral bow.  Chose a sentiment on the complement design paper which reminded me of a sun, and completed my scene with a fussy-cut little cloud, distressed the edges with Linen Ink and adhered with 3D thin foam tape.   








Also submitted to the following Challenges
     Fun Friday - For Drawing - Made Comment on Post 


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper  
     So Much Happy (including Zip Strip and 
       items from the Complement Sheet)
Cardstock 
     Lemon and White Daisy 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Zig "Wink of Stella" 
     Linen Ink 


   

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Sue your card is so cute! Love the flower border and the bottom and the stripe border, too. But my favorite is using the sentiment as the sun! So clever!

CatScrapbooking said...

I love how you used the flower border!! I also really like the cloud and sun with the sentiment! I may totally have to CASE this!

Alyson Mayo said...

I love how you interpreted the sketch for Atlantic Hearts using the lower half of the papers with the floral print - that is a terrific idea! Your card is just so cute and these flowers remind me of impending spring when the blooms just pop out of the ground, so ready to announce that the new season has arrived. Love everything about this :)

Dena J said...

Love this color combo! It just pops with spring and happiness. I love that you used the zip with all the colors for that element of the sketch. Thank you for sharing at AHSC this week.

Christine said...

What an attractive color combination and fun interpretation of the sketch!
Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your color combination! It really makes me wish for warm weather and sunshine! I love that your sun holds the sentiment!! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Lori said...

Very pretty card! I love your use of that pretty paper. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC!

Brandi said...

Love, Love, Love this card, I love the colours, the patterned paper, everything, wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

foleysfriend said...

Great use of patterned paper. You've done a fabulous job of incorporating patterned paper onto your card. Genius! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Paper Crafting With Rebecca said...

The colors...the layers...the overall design... you nailed it! I really like this card, great job!

Pink Panoply said...

What a bright, sunny card you have created, Suzanne. You've used the gorgeous design papers so creatively and I love the layered sun and cloud with the sentiment. I've decided this might be my all time fave color palette. xo Nancy