Friday, March 15, 2019

Love You To Pieces - Color Dare #334

This is my ColorMyHeart Color Dare DT card using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #307.  A friend gave me this puzzle die by Sizzix and I've been wanting to use them and it was just right for our Love of Color challenge.  My first attempt I was not pleased with ... wrong background color, sentiment was poorly personally written on another puzzle piece, crooked puzzle pieces and card was just so blahhh. Maybe if I detached the background with the puzzle pieces and dry embossed for texture it could be salvaged ... boy was that a mistake.  I was able to save the card base and the lagoon border; everything else tossed in the waste basket.    

Starting over, cut several puzzle pieces in each of the colors, juggled them around until happy with the design, put them together and dry embossed them in a pretty floral pattern.  This time used a lighter background (almond) and also dry embossed that with a different design.  Puzzle pieces were added, two flush to the background and two popped up with 3D thin foam tape. 

Now for the sentiment, pulled out my Cricut which I haven't used in months and thought I could add some text on another puzzle piece but found this sentiment and decided to use it in some of the same colors.  All done and pleasantly surprised with the end result.  









For the inside of the card, had a few puzzle pieces from my first attempt, cut them a little smaller and put on the edge of the inside border.  

Please pop on by and see our other Design Team Member inspirations, create a project and you have two weeks for entry...would love to see your projects.  


Also submitted to the following challenges



CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Cardstock 
     Sweet Leaf, Peach, Lilac, Lagoon, Almond and White Daisy 
Cricut Cut 
     Mother's Day Kid's Cards "Love You To Pieces" 
Dies
     Sizzix Originals #654992 "Puzzle Maker #2"
Embossing Folders 
     Darice "Cherry Blossom Background" 
     Darice "Wire Fence" 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 






8 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute puzzle card. Great use of the colours too.

Dena J said...

What a clever way to make those quadrants in the sketch! I love all the dry embossing on those pieces as well. Thank you for sharing at AHSC.

Michelle said...

LOVE how you used the die cuts and all the embossing. The sentiment in multiple colors is a great touch.

CatScrapbooking said...

Great card! I love the puzzle pieces!

Vandra said...

I was unknown - my new laptop didn't log into my google account properly so suddenly I realised I wasn't commenting as me but as an unknown account. Lovely puzzle card.

Christine said...

So very creative to interpret the sketch panels as a puzzle. I love the embossed pieces!
Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

OMG I love it, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

create.365 said...

This is such a cute card and embossing the puzzle pieces really adds so much dimension and interest to it...LOVE that idea! thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week ~Kathy