Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ho! Ho! Ho! - AHSC #184

My card this week as Design Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #184. You still have time to join this challenge...you have until Sunday, November 6 to enter your project.  

Please hop on by to check out the Design Team members and other entrant inspirations.  


CHRISTMAS STASH:  This is my first Christmas Card using the Atlantic Hearts sketches...watch for my next Christmas Card every Monday until mid December.   


For this week's sketch I had the perfect design paper for the banners, without having to cut and glue each banner separately.  



At my daughter's for the day when I asked her what color paper should I use for the background for a night sky.  She suggested "Blended Distress inks" and pulled out the colors (two purples and a blue) and demonstrated the technique. My first thought was what a strange choice of colors against my red's and greens. Persistent to try something new, started blending the colors...complaining frequently that it wasn't what I wanted...and she patiently said several times "keep going until you like it"...I liked it.  Liked it so much going to make another three Christmas cards the same.  

Added sentiment and stars in the sky from same stamp set using VersaMark and heat embossed with White Pearl. The purples are very faint and don't show much in my photo... however, got to "like it" and won't be afraid the next time to mix strange colors. 


Stamped Santa and Reindeer with Poppy Ink, fussy-cut with my Brother Scan and Cut and layered with red.  

Stamped out another Santa from the same stamp set for the inside of the card with a edge of the banner paper.  

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Authentique "Happy Christmas"
Cardstock 
     Poppy, Topiary and White Daisy 
Stamp Set 
     C1567 Santa Claus - Holiday 
Inks 
     Poppy
     Tim Holtz "Distress Inks" - Variety of Purples and Blue 
Other 
     VersaMark
     Ranger Embossing Powder "White Pearl" 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

     


1 comment:

Melanie R said...

I skipped this challenge because I missed the deadline! Your card is so inspiring in that it demonstrates the endless possibilities that exist within the framework of a sketch. Santa never goes out of style!