Saturday, February 24, 2024

Happy Holidays

I was sorting through some of my retired Christmas papers and decided to create a card using the BYSHC sketch challenge #42 and incorporated Caffeinated Christmas Challenge #26 "Hearts" along with Jingle Belles "Getting Text-y with it".   





The sketch reminded me of a Gate Fold, using one of the tutorials on our Double Trouble Challenge #160 "Hoodie-Hoo Celebration" and celebrating Creative Creases #76 "Anything Goes Fun Folds" for their 3rd Anniversary. 

The side panels of my card were cut from CTMH "Christmas Story", retired paper pack, which I found in my stash.  Panels were bordered with a layer of Candy Apple cardstock and adhered to card base.  To satisfy the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge I die cut a cup with hearts using a small text-y patterned paper also found in my stash to satisfy Jingle Belles Challenge. The cup was adhered with 3D foam tape for dimension on black cardstock, bordered with the red cardstock and adhered on the left panel.  

I put my scanner up close to the Text-y design paper and there were many recipes with all ingredients and directions... prime rib roast, holiday cranberry sauce, golden rum cake, Soft Ginger Cookie, and Egg Nog as shown in my scanner photo.  If you want a slice of my patterned paper with a particular recipe let me know and I will send it to you.  Just message me under comments.  

Please check out all of these challenges for inspiration and start your stash of 2024 Christmas cards. 

Entered in the following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Paper 
     Christmas Story (retired) 
Cardstock 
     Candy Apple and White Daisy 
Dies
     Cup with Hearts (In stash) Prize from Mouse House 
Stamps 
     Lawn Fawn "Thanks A Latte" 
Other   
     Memento "Black" Ink  
     3D Foam Tape 

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a great coffee cup die! Fun design!
Thanks for joining us for the @caffeinatedchristmas Card Challenge!

Kampin' Karen said...

Suzanne, I just love all the red in your fun fold. That's really cool with the egg nog, et al. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC.
Karen, DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Aw, Suzanne, I love your beautiful Christmas card! The images are so cute!! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

lauren bergold said...

Oh what a beautiful card and such a fabulous use of the gorgeous scripty text paper; not to mention a fantastic job of combining several challenges perfectly! So happy you could join our celebration of text at Jingle Belles!

Rae said...

Suzanne, stunning gate-fold. Such a dramatic display of color.Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT

SmilynStef said...

how fun that the text is recipes ... so very glad you got TEXT-y with us at Jingle Belles.