Friday, October 13, 2023

Thank you - Color Dare Challenge #570 "Four Square"

Mixed media and Junk Journal pages have been an interest for some time; but not something in my comfort zone.  But wait... a Junk Journal is a handmade book using any items from your stash. The pages can be used to write, draw, paint or record memories, thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. The finished junk journal can become anything you want.  So, I decided my first Junk Journal page was going to be experimenting with mixed media.  

There were a couple of entries in our Double Trouble Challenges that caught my attention (Donna Walls and Ellibelle's Corner) which inspired me to use a stamp  similar to the ones they used (CTMH September Stamp of the Month). However, they didn't end up in a Junk Journal because I used one of my experiments for my Design Team project at Color Dare Challenge #570 "Four Square" using closest to all four colors in color board.  As Donna would say some experiments could start out as a "hmmmm" and transform into a yummm card with a second thought or change.  

Used primarily patterned papers from the Color Board for the base of stenciling, variety of full or partial stencils, inks closest to match of Color Board and stamps from the September SOTM. Took a close look on all my experiments... chose this card as my "yummm" card and the others went into my stash as a "hmmmm" card or possibly future journal pages... it was fun experimenting.  






Please hop on over and join us at Color Dare's Color Board #570 and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create... hope to see you there.

Also entered at the Following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
My Yummm Card was a 
     Mix-In Design Paper with Ballerina and White 
Cardstock 
     Lagoon (Closest to Journey) and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     S2309 "Thoughtful Tokens" SOTM
Stencils 
     A Colorful Life 022173 "Split Seaweed"
Inks
     Lagoon (Closest to Journey), Glacier, Sugarplum (Closest to Ballerina), Mink 

Other Cards/Experiments
Stencils 
     A Colorful Life 017192 "Rippling Squares" 
     


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Great job with our colors and masking the images. I love this!

Debi said...

Love what you did with this image! LOVE the stenciled background.

Susan Renshaw said...

Loved seeing the experiments!! Great result!

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card! The colors are so soft and lovely.

Vandra said...

Love the background you created. Also masking the clocks.

Becca Yahrling said...

I love this 'almost grungy' look, the pretty stamp used as well as this gorgeous color combo.

Melanie R said...

I love the way you used the colors, Sue. Very pretty card!