Saturday, April 15, 2023

Especially For You " Double Trouble Challenge #136 "Celebrate a Special Lady"

This is my Design Team card for Double Trouble Challenge #136 "Celebrate a Special Lady".  Twisted Sister's optional twist is to include flowers in your project.  If you include flowers in your project you can also share your card with our collaborating partner at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #4.  

While looking for a pretty floral stamp I came across this Butterfly Blooms stamp set and the photo on the set showed one color on the flowers outside of the butterfly... perfect for the ColorMyHeart Color Dare Board #543 "Black and White + Choice of 1 Color".  Floral was stamped with Memento Black Ink and my choice of color was turquoise using Copic brush pens.  

Lagoon was used to frame the floral image and sentiment die cut. CAS and beautiful, but this was my third attempt to finalize the coloring of the card below... confused?  Read on... 





That just seemed too simple and wanted another color so my option was to use the free "Gold".  So I added gold in the lines of the butterfly's wing only.  Wasn't happy with the gold so set the floral aside and stamped another floral. 

Decided to color all the flowers in turquoise on the new floral.  Wasn't happy with it... too blue and needed another color. Pulled out of my stash another gold pen which was a prettier gold, penned away on all the lines in the floral and butterfly.  It was cool for my second stamped image.  

Decided to cut along the edge of the floral, Framed with black cardstock and another frame of Lagoon in back of the black.  Sentiment cut in White and adhered to corner.  The black corner and gold toned down the all blue... I was happy with it so you would think this was the final, right?   
 


Nope! My review of the Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms collaboration I noted there were three colors on the corner of their Mood Board which inspired me. So I picked up the floral I had set aside and added the other two colors in the flowers and leaves that made up the right side of the butterfly's wing. 

Since I wasn't pleased with the gold used initially on the left wing I added the brighter gold over it and also added the new gold on the floral centers on the other wing. Decided to use the same layout, cut along the edge of the floral, Framed with black cardstock and adhered to the White card base. Sentiment cut in White and adhered to corner. 




Well, this is where the confusion ends... Since my first attempt was used for experiementing with colors and gold, I lost the simplicity of the original card I had in mind for this Double Trouble Challenge... so I stamped another floral, CAS and my DT card for Double Trouble #136. The plus... I have three beautiful cards for Special Ladies.  

Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble Challenge #136 "Celebrate a Special Lady" and check out the Design Teams inspiration, and then let us see what you create for a Special Lady... hope to see you there. You may also want to hop on over to Beautiful Blossoms to check out their Design Team projects too.





Products Used:  
Stamp 
     Creative Expressions "Butterfly Blooms"  
Cardstock 
     CTMH Lagoon, Black and White Daisy 
Dies 
     Reasonable Dies "Sentiments" 
Pens/Ink 
     Memento Black Ink 
     Copic Sketch Pens (alcohol base) 
         BG11, BG32, BG34, G94, V15, V17 
         Multi-Line 0.03 "Black" 
     Uni-Ball "Gold" 

Also sent to the following Challenges
My Time to Craft  #505 "Easter and/or Spring"

12 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I love all three versions but the first one with just the turquoise and black is my favourite! They are gorgeous :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is a beautiful butterfly image, I love all three versions of it!

Ellibelle said...

All three versions are beautiful, I especially love the simplicity on the first card but do love them all!
Thanks for having me as a crazy cousin this month!!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL cards! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Diane said...

Wow, all three cards are absolutely stunningly beautiful!! I hope to see you at our new Triple B challenge too, it is all about butterflies, blooms or birds!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}
{Triple B}

Debi said...

Love that you showed all your experiments. The second & third ones are pretty, but I really love the simplicity of the first one.

Donna Walls said...

You've created 3 gorgeous cards, and it's nice to see the same set used in different ways. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful Monochromatic creation, Suzanne. The deep turquoise colors look great with the gold, and that black and what background is extra dramatic! I was dropping by to say thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog, but see you have entered one of my DT challenge blogs.

Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Dawn said...

I love all three versions of your card and its fab that they all have a different look from one stamp. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Cat Nowak said...

WOW!! Love this butterfly and your three variations.

Vandra said...

I love how you coloured your first card with just a few turquoise flowers. They really stand out and look great.

Kellianne said...

Your cards are so gorgeous! I love the way they turned out with the cutting too along the edge too!