Monday, February 20, 2023

Happy Birthday "Hoodie Hoo Celebration" with Creative Creases 2nd Year Anniversary "Fun Folds"

This is my Design Team Card for Double Trouble Challenge #132 "Hoodie-Hoo Celebration" for Creative Creases 2nd Anniversary "Anything Goes Fun Folds" and used this tutorial to "Make a Double Diamond Fold Card" by Lisa Curcio (Lisa's Stamp Studio). 





My card base was scored and folded using Mint cardstock. Once I mastered the fold it was a lot of fun choosing the patterned papers and from the "Cherish" paperpack to include Twisted Sister's optional twist to include flowers. On the sentiment panel one of the floral stickers was chosen and stuck to the top of the panel.

When the card was open I just felt something else was needed. I had the perfect embellishment... a gift from Creative Creases, a packet of gold embellishments. which now found a home on my card.  A gold embellishment was placed on each corner and Bitty Sparkles randomly placed on sentiment panel. 


The fun fold card is small when folded and a A2 envelope can be used.  If you open to the inside of the card (photo above) flattens for mailing, you will need a little larger envelope.   


Please hop on over and join us at Double Trouble Challenge #132 "Hoodie Hoo Celebration" with Creative Creases.  Check out our Design Team inspiration, and let's see what you create... hope to see you there. You may also  want to hop on over to Creative Creases for inspiration to their challenge.  

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     "Cherish" Paperpack and Sticker Sheet 
Stamps 
     "Love Mail" - Sentiments 
Cardstock  
     Mint 
Embellishments 
     Stampin' Up "Expressions in Ink Ephemera Pack" (Gold Leaves)
     Bitty Sparkles
Inks 
     Charcoal Ink 
     

7 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

How cool! I'm surprised it fits in an A2 envelope, looks bigger than that. Very pretty colors and flowers, and the gold really steps it up!

Alyson Mayo said...

I love this fun fold! Great choice of papers and the sentiment fits so perfectly inside :)

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful fun fold card, Suzanne! Love the papers you used and design is wonderful. I got an instant memory of those paper fortune teller things we used to make growing up! What a fun memory! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases and partnering with us for our second anniversary! Honestly, I don't know if I would have even remembered it without you! LOL

Kampin' Karen said...

Suzanne, from the colors to the gold and all the beautiful flowers, your card ranks top in my world! I can't wait to try this fold for our next Creative Creases challenge. TFS.

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Suzanne! Thank you for sharing Lisa's video. I love the colors and patterns you chose for your card!! -Donna

Rae said...

Yowza Suzanne! This creative crease is a new one for me. I can't wait to try it. It's a beauty! Thank you for playing along with Creative Creases.

Kellianne said...

A Double Diamond fold card?! I've never heard of that and wow!! The sentiment is perfect too because it almost looks like those two flaps are a hug. I love the colors you chose too. Amazing project Sue! :)