Friday, April 1, 2022

Especially For You - Color Dare #490 "Browns + 1 Color"

Here is my Design Team Card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge 490 "Browns + 1 Color" of your choice. I had seen this card in My Favorite Things Facebook Group and thought the correct link to the card had been copied. Wrong, however I also made a photo of the beautiful card to use as a sketch and searched for Carla Tee Minner's blog. 



Even though the colors for this challenge weren't as colorful I've been a fan of brown and pink going back to one of my childhood favorite dresses. 




First to find a flower size that would work with this layout... made several cuts of various size flowers but the one chosen was larger than the MFT die... as I was cutting the die in Chocolate cardstock it changed the flow of the flowers to the bottom. Next layered French Vanilla cardstock behind the chocolate, added another layer with Ballerina cardstock and then adhered to card base. 

Used the negative center of the chocolate flowers and adhered to the center of the white flow of flowers.  Several cuts were made with the same flower using Ballerina cardstock, placed and adhered with glue among the white flower negatives using the chocolate background paper to fill the center.  Scattered a few Ballerina centers among the flowers.  I'd usually use 3D thin foam tape to adhere the flowers; but because of the middle cut of the flower decided to glue instead.  The sentiment was cut using Ballerina for the frame and Chocolate for the Sentiment.  

On the inside of the card made a border of Ballerina and used some of the brown flower cuts adhered to the border. 



Color Dare challenges are carried forward for two weeks so if you didn't share a project for this Inspiration Photo challenge you still have another week to enter. 
Both challenges are on the side bar of the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog. Please check out Design Team Cards and other entrants to give you inspiration and join us for future fun color challenges.  Hope to see you there. 

Also sent to the following challenges


Products used
Cardstock
     Chocolate, Bellerina, French Vanilla (White) and White Daisy 
Dies 
     Sizzix #659608 "Flowers #2" 
     Reasonable Die "Sentiments" 


6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your choice of pink with the brown. The cascade of flowers is so pretty and makes the most of your colors!

MortiCraft said...

So pretty Suzanne and makes me think of the gorgeous blossom on the trees here in the UK at the moment (although we are just getting a very cold spell with snow and ice so I think it might ruin the blossoms soon). x

Debi said...

I love pink & brown also. Your card reminds me of the cherry blossoms lining our street.

Vandra said...

I love the cascade of flowers down your card. They stand out beautifully against the dark brown. A lovely card that anyone would be pleased to receive!

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific card! I also love the combination of chocolate brown with pink! The cascading layered pink and white flowers are another great way to build layers on a card! Thanks for entering at MTTC's 3 or more layers challenge! --Becca/DT

chrissy xx said...

So pretty! I LOve your colours.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx