Friday, February 5, 2021

Take Me Gnome Country Road - Color Dare Challenge #430

Here is my Design Team Card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare #430 "TicTacToe" and using the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch Challenge #491.  The Slimline card sketch was perfect for my new stamp set of Country Road Gnomes.  The dies came with the gnomes; but the little country road stamps were fussy-cut.  Pulled out my Copic Sketch Pens and had fun trying to match some of the colors from the TicTacToe Board (used all but Nectarine). 

The background paper was chosen for the design that looked like a map of more country roads.  Played around with positioning them, and when I found the correct balance with the sketch they were adhered with two-sided tape and foam tape for dimension to the background paper.  Used another design paper for the side borders.  Sentiment was stamped, colored and layered with the same design paper.  



 


Color My Heart Color Dare challenges are carried forward for two weeks so if you didn't share your project the first week you still have another week to enter that challenge... current challenges are on the side bar of the ColorMyHeart Color Dare challenge blog.  Please join us for some fun color challenges.  


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Mix-In X9019 (Avocado) 
     Mix-In X9017 (Sapphire) 
Cardstock 
     White Daisy
Stamps 
     Reasonable Dies "Gnomaste" and Die-Cuts
Dies 
     Reasonable Dies "Stitched Rectangle" 
Ink / Pens 
     Memento "Black" 
     Sketch Brush Pens (alcohol base) 
          Variety of colors and most of the colors in the TicTacToe
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Liquid Glass 

11 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Great card Suzanne. So clever teaming up the paper, sketch and sentiment with the road theme. x

Cat Nowak said...

How fun! Great card and I love that some of the gnomes look like they are meditating.

Michelle said...

What a fun card. It made me smile as soon as I saw it. I love your use of color and well.....gnomes. haha Great card!

Susan Renshaw said...

What gotgeous images - and great take on teh sketch!
Fabulous make for Color Dare!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Debi said...

So cute! Love the sentiment & how your gnomes represent that.

Heather said...

Very fun images - what a great way to connect them, too - all roads lead to gnome, lol. Such sweet colors and papers! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Vandra said...

Slim line cards are so on trend right now. I love your gnomes and how you used the green paper to create a road map.

Donna Scholz said...

Suzanne - wow, you went all out for this one!!! So many colors from the palette, and such great coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Melanie R said...

Another gnome stamp set? Really? I think you're going to turn into a gnome! Wonderful card cleverly made to fit all of the challenges. Thank you for joining us for challenge fun at TSOT #491.

Shawna said...

I think I am going to have reiterate what I said in Catherines comments and I quote. 'I am the biggest sucker for gnomes and their sentiments.. This is no exception! Your use of the Safari colors are superb and so fitting for the subject of this card.' Seriously! I love this card. Your use of a slimline card is genius. I am the biggest sucker for gnomes and their sentiments.. This is no exception! Your use of the Safari colors are superb and so fitting for the subject of this card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your slimline card is perfect for gnomes meandering down a country road Suzanne! Love the colours and the background paper which seems to show the gnomes aren't all that confident about which way to go!! Vicky x