Monday, September 2, 2019

Candy Corn is a Vegetable, Right? - Double Trouble Challenge #37

This is my interactive DT card  for Double Trouble's Challenge #37 "Make Like a Tree and Leave" using the Atlantic Hearts Challenge #332 (turned landscape), adding S'more fun with Twisted Sister's "Fall Sweet Treat" and entered in The Paper Girls Challenge #183  "Falling in Love", our partner for this Challenge.   

What movie was this phrase used in "Make Like a Tree and Leave".  Hint given in this post will direct you to the answer, and if you add the movie name in my comments you will be eligible for a special random draw gift from me.  

I had so much fun putting this card together...already decided what I was going to use for my sweet treat and sentiment and design papers with trees and leaves.  Now all I had to do was put it all together...the challenging part.  

The card may be a little busy; but after all it's a Corn Maze nearby a forest of Fall colors. 






The corn stalks were cut using the striped pattern so that it would fade into the forest background. Used the same stripe for my other two panels and layered with another design paper. The cute candy corn was cut from Colonial White cardstock, colored with copic brush pens using orange, yellow and neutrals to mute the colors to match the background.

Three candy corns staggered and hand-printed speech bubble with corny sentiment were adhered to square panel. Additional candy corns were added on bottom right-hand corner. I went to bed knowing that I had completed my card; however the next morning another idea sparked ... adding a pull tag with a sentiment. Found a "corn maze" stamp in my stash, perfect, and decided to use Happy Halloween as the main sentiment. Pull out the corn candy on the bottom right-hand side and you have successfully completed the Corn Maze with sentiment


I was still contemplating whether to change my corn stalks and cut a couple strips in plain colors but didn't work for me...I liked the transition of the corn stalks against the background forest of trees and hope you do too.  The balance of the Fall background was added to the bottom of the inside.  


Please visit each of these challenges to see DT members' inspiration, along with other participants that have entered these challenges and maybe you can combine these challenges too. 

For S'more fun be sure to join us at Double Trouble Challenge #37 

Thing 1 Trouble Maker 
"Trees and/or Leaves"
Thing 3 Twisted Sister 
Optional Twist
"Fall Sweet Treat"

























Thing 2 Double Dare 
The Paper Girls 
"Falling in Love"













Products Used:  
Design Papers
     Carta Bella "Autumn" 
Card Stock 
     Colonial White and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     CTMH S1209 "Fall Favorites" corn maze 
     CTMH S1608 "Purr-fect Halloween" Happy Halloween 
     Message Bubble - Hand Printed Sentiment 
Dies 
     Memory Box #2121 "Whittle Candy Corn" 
     La-La Land Crafts 8203 "Heart Speech Bubbles" 
     Craftin Desert Diva's "Harvest Border Dies" 
Inks / Pens 
     CTMH Cocolate Ink Pad for Pull Tab Sentiment 
     Copic Multi-Liner for Hand Printed Sentiment on Bubble 
     Copic Sketch alcohol-based Brush Pens 
         E50, E42, YR07 and Y15 for Candy Corn 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 





  

14 comments:

jeanchaneyaz said...

It is hard to stop looking at this feast for the eyes, Sue, with all those wonderful layers and yummy fall themes and colors!

MadeByMeghanK said...

So much fun with the candy corn! I love all your layers!

ScrappyHorses said...

Hey Sue, this is a great card! So full of fall fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up and speaking of Cut It Up, you won over on my YouTube hop! Contact me soon for the prize details!! Katrina

lichazul said...

gorgeous Card Suzanne !!
i love all details
congrats
hugs from Chile

Becca Yahrling said...

I'll go with candy corn being a vegetable! lol Awesome card. I haven't seen Back to the Future II in a long time! Love Michael J. Fox.

Heather said...

Oh, so fun!! Love all the fall colors and motifs in your card! And the corn maze with the pull out tab is perfect! And don't get me started on candy corn!! I had to look it up, but the phrase "make like a tree an leave" appeared in Back to the Future II. Haven't seen those movies in several years.

Treva said...

Wow, lots of fun and detail!

Thank you for sharing in the Cut it Up outside fun challenge.

-Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fall is my favourite season! I love your cute card, Suzanne! Great sketch too! We're hoping to watch Back to the Future 2 again soon!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That's so pretty. I love the corn stalks and the expression on the candy corns' faces!

Thanks for playing with us at Cut it Up for our Outdoor Fun challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kampin' Karen said...

Yeppers, it's got to be Back to the Future II and I loved all the characters except for young Biff and old Biff! Your card is great...I could handle going through your corn maze...not a fan of real ones.

Brandi said...

Love the fall colours and those candy corn are adorable. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

EdenLand Designs said...

What a lovely fall card!! Love the fun sentiment :)
Susan Sudbury

Cat Nowak said...

What a festive fall card! So much detail. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Catie Cuddles said...

I love the autumnal colours and this is a delightful card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT