Friday, February 22, 2019

Wishing You A Birthday as Special as You - Color Dare #331

This is my DT card for ColorMyHeart Color Dare using one my images colored at many Copic Classes.  I have been attending Copic classes for about a year now.  A Card Kit is supplied with an image to color and then all the materials needed to put the card together.  There are a number of already copic image packets that I have colored but not assembled and these will appear in future challenges with some modification.  

This particular card was colored in greys; but I decided to change to a sepia look for this Color Dare Challenge in browns.  The ovals were already cut with the Card Kit to make an eclipse card.  The accent color was already determined with initial coloring.  New pieces had to be cut in browns but kept the layout much the same.   Thank you to Nicolette a Copic Instructor at The Paper Collage, a local scrapbook store in Peoria Arizona, for this beautiful layout.  







Products Used:  
Cardstock 
     CTMH Chocolate, Cranberry and Daisy White 
Image / Stamp 
     In Kit:  Whimsy Stamps "Canoe"
Dies 
     In Kit:  Stitched Oval Dies 
Inks 
     Copic Sketch alcohol-based Pens 
     E31, E55, E71,E74, R27,R29,R59 and 0-Blender 
Other 
     CTMH 3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape
     
     
     


4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image-fabulous colouring and love the red boat against the sepia tones
Carol x

Michelle said...

Sue when I first saw your card I just sat there stunned. It's one of the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen! I love the red with the browns and you've colored them perfectly. Love the ovals and the dry embossing, too.

Alyson Mayo said...

We chatted about your card already - STUNNING, simply stunning! Everything about this is remarkable. The setting is so realistic that it jumps out at the viewer and makes you look twice. The red canoe is so bold against the background yet it doesn’t overwhelm the rest of card. This is true perfection and my favourite card that you have ever created. WOW! 😍😍😍

CatScrapbooking said...

What a beautiful card! I love how that red just pop and brings the eye in.