Monday, September 18, 2017

How've You Bean - H2H Sept Wk#3

DAY 4 PM - 2017 FALL COFFEE LOVERS BLOGHOP


This is my Design Team project for Heart2Heart "Aarrgh - 9/19 Int'l Talk Like a Pirate Day".  Talk Like a Pirate Day was initiated in 1995...go HERE to read some history about how this came to be a holiday. Remember you have all month to create to be eligible for recognition as one of the Top 10 "Darlings". AND if you create a project for each challenge in the month of Sept, you will earn a badge as an H2H Addict for Perfect Attendance. 

For additional inspiration on this Challenge hop on by to see what other Design Team members have created. Hope this gives you some inspiration and enthusiasm to link your artwork as a participant ... we look forward to your creativity.




I had been wanting to use the Paper Smooches Mirror Blocks to create a reverse of a stamp...so chose our cute little Pirate. It took a couple of attempts creating a good reverse stamp of the pirate...but when happy with the stamp, both images were colored with a variety of copic pens, fussy-cut and set aside to decide on the scene. Using a design paper from Regatta for the background water and sky, stamped a small fleet of Pirate Ships, partially colors the ships, added waves, and stamped the sentiments Ahoy Matey and Happy Birthday. 



Used a die to cut out my sand...again many cuts were made but finally got a sand dune that represented sand. This card was so much fun to make and it wasn't until my Happy Birthday sentiment was added and remembered that I also wanted this to be a card for the Coffee Lovers BlogHop.



So how do I accomplish this...on one of my coffee stamp sets there was another sentiment "How've you Bean?" and then stamped a number of coffee beans on the sand to represent pebbles. The stamping of the beans were somewhat difficult working around all the stamping, but I was able to pull it off without smudging or tearing it apart. In my stash I had a sign which had been previously cut for a project never completed, cut it down a bit, changed the words and added to the bottom.




On the inside added a few more coffee beans on the border. My daughter had some really teeny-tiny die-cut cups so at the last minute, and new photos, three of them were added to my coffee card. 

This was such a fun and whimsical card to make and will be going off in the mail to a special person who has a birthday on this day, and who also enjoys Starbucks Coffee a gift card will be included.  

Also submitted to the following challenges: 


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise:
Design Paper 
     Regatta 
Cardstock 
     Sapphire, Chocolate and White Daisy 
Stamps 
     A1186 Pirate Birthday 
     Paper Smooches "Mirror Blocks" 
     Friskars "Latte Love" 
Pens/Inks
     Copic alcohol-based pens, variety of colors 
     Black - Copic Multi-liner 
Dies 
     Sign - Unknown but cut from Cricut, in my Stash 
     Memory Box Inc Cups - Die Cuts my Daughter gave me from her Stash
           
          
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 












19 comments:

Stacy Sheldon said...

That is pretty fun that your sandy beach is coffee beans :)

CarlavdM said...

Aye me hearty.....a awesome Pirate card you made.
Shiver me timbers..I like it a lot.

Julia Aston said...

Very cute! who knew pirates drank coffee!!

New Creations said...

Love this cute nautical coffee fun scene!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO cute. Pirates need coffee too! LOL
Karen

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

This card is too awesome! I love your mirror image, and the use of the coffee beans as pebbles is super fab.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a fabulously fun scene. Love the coffee beans as pebbles on the sand, genius!

Shanna Slater said...

Those pirates are too cute...

Thanks for sharing!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Beverly S. said...

Fun! I think this is my "first" pirate coffee card. ha ha I love it! Good job with the design and being so creative! ;)

~amy~ said...

Oh how cute, love your fun scenery card!

Lisa said...

I just LOVE this!! The sign and those cups... so cute and funny!

Lori Turner said...

hee hee...this is too darn cute!!! LOVE the pirate theme!

Billie A said...

Ha bah ha ha this is so cute. Sweet scene and I love everything about this card.

Ann said...

Oh my, pirates drinking coffee, gotta love it!

Sheila Bennett said...

Goodness, you really put some work into this card. Your coloring and cutting is fabulous. And I really love the three little pirate ships that are sailing in the background.

Fikreta said...

Its so nice card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute birthday card using the pirate theme as well as coffee.

Arianna Barbara said...

Too sweet!!!

Hetty said...

Pirates and coffee, such a great and fun combo. Your card is beautiful.