Monday, December 24, 2018

Happy Birthday "Stargazer" - H2H Dec Week 4

This is my last project as a Design Team member for Heart2Heart "Wish Upon a Star" using the Try Stamping on Tuesday Sketch No. 388 and making a Birthday card from the retired CTMH Stargazer paperpack.  But I will definitely be using themes from Heart2Heart for future projects, but my concentration will be on my Blog Challenge "Double Trouble" (See below for inspiration on how I turned this into two other challenge entries for Double Dare's Challenge #17 with ColorMyHeart Color Dare #322.  

Cut the different panels and layered with the design paper background and adhered to the background.  Fussy-cut the rocket and Rocketeer and added to the square frame with 3D thin and regular foam tape.  Used one of the zip strips and stamped on the Birthday sentiment and adhered to the bottom of the square frame.  For my embellishments added liquid glass over the planets on the design paper and on the Rocketeers head globe and added shimmer to the rocket exhaust flame.  






DOUBLE TROUBLE's concept is to partner with different Challenges to share entrants from one Challenge to another, with some twists.  Double Trouble's challenge is a 3-2-1 Anytime Recipe, theme for any occasion, using Ingredients "3-Embellishments, 2-Colors, 1-Sentiment or Image" at least or more; and if you use the theme at ColorMyHeart Color Dare of "Soft & Pastel" or "Bold and Bright" you will probably be able to submit to two additional challenges.  This card I made was for the "Bold & Bright".  Please check to see if your card meets this requirement and visit us at Double Trouble Challenge #18 for additional detail and to post your project.    


Also submitted to the following challenges:  
Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #322 "Bold and Bright"  
Double Trouble Challenge #17 "3-2-1 Anytime Recipe" 

CTMH Products Unless Identified Otherwise:  
Design Paper 
     Stargazer 
Cardstock 
     Linen, Pebble and White Daisy 
Stamp 
     S-1602 Balloon Animals
Other 
     3D Regular and Thin Foam Tape 

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Adorable card, Sue! I love all the 3D paper piercing. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh - what a "heavenly" scene, lol - love the little rocket ship, and the telescope paper is amazing! Love the color palette too. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

jeanchaneyaz said...

What a fun card this would be for a young aspiring astronaut!

papercraftingprincess said...

This is such a fun birthday card and was one of my favorite papers for cards for little boys in my family! Such a cute card!!!

Donna Scholz said...

Super clever card, Sue! My grand-daughter would go gaga over the space theme for a birthday card!!! I've seen you mention "zip strips" in a couple of your blog posts... what are they? They kinda sound like Washi tape you can stamp on. Thank you THRICE for joining us here at TSOT four our end of 2018 for our sketch challenge! -Donna

Cat Nowak said...

I love this paper pack so it is not surprising that I love your card.

Donna Scholz said...

Thanks for the explanation on what a "zip strip" is, Sue! It's been a crazy (good) holiday season, so I missed this week's Double Trouble Challenge by a day...grrr. I'm planning on doing #18, though! -Donna

Christine Kiehl said...

Totally far out card! So loving all of the spacy details! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Vandra said...

I really loved star gazer papers. Thanks for making a sweet card to bring me back from out of this world (punny kind a day).