Monday, April 24, 2017

Bee My Love Bug - H2H - April Wk #4

Team Ruby - Laurie

April Week #4 - "All Creatures Great & Small"

Please join us at Heart2Heart this week and other challenges in April... Remember you have all month to create to be eligible for recognition as one of the Top 10 "Darlings".  

AND if you create a project for each challenge in the month of April, you will earn a badge as an H2H Addict for Perfect Attendance. 

For additional inspiration on this Challenge hop on by to see what other Design Team members have created. Hope this gives you some inspiration and enthusiasm to link your artwork as a participant ... we look forward to your creativity. 



Bugs are creatures in my book so decided to use the bug design paper from Dreamin' Big. Have often used the pretty floral on the back side.  A little over a week ago I tried the bug side for a recent birthday card for one of my grandsons using the MoJo Monday sketch challenge...however, was not happy with it and ended up putting it in my stash for maybe some time later.  

Well, this time was the later...I just needed to do a little makeover. The focal point was changed from a sentiment to the cute bugs and a different sentiment for this creatures challenge...and this change made a big difference. It seemed to soften up the background paper and your eye was drawn to the focal point.  I bee happy now.   






CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Dreamin' Big 
Cardstock 
     Black and White Daisy 
Stamp Sets 
     B1441 Buggy Love 
Pens/Inks 
     ShinHan alcohol-based pens 
Other
     Zig "Wink of Stella" Clear 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

3 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I haven't been able to use this bug paper... this is a great way to put it to use! I love the sentiment and the critters :) Such an adorable card (and I NEVER thought I would say that about paper with bugs on it!)

Lisa said...

This is so cute! I know you struggled with this paper, but I love what you did with it!

Melanie R said...

Fabulous, Sue! Great use of the insects - maybe now I am inspired to use my insect stamp set!