Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Coffee Lovers BlogHop - Day 5

Thanks to Amy Tsuruta and her Design Team for hosting the 2016 Summer Coffee Lovers BlogHop. "June 17 - 24".  Click on here to see the many creative cards, tags and paper crafting. Join us in a week of fun and prizes...create cards related to coffee, tea, or hot cocoa with a Summer theme. Link up to the hop and you may be a lucky winner from one or more of the super sponsors...and watch for other blog candy along the way. 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today
and hope you stop by again. 


Day 5:  Emoji's Thumbs Up - Coffee is Always a Good Ideal




 









Went through several Emoji emotions for creating this card...

Wanted to do something different, original and creative...so I had to put my thinkink cap on. Back awhile ago I had purchased an Emoji Stamp Set quite awhile ago and wanted to use it...so I thought maybe there is something I can make for the Coffee BlogHop.  I stamped several "happy" Emoji's from the stamp set on yellow card stock for the center of a flower. Thanks to a neighbor I borrowed a punch that represented a flower and punched several in two colors, slit each pedal for rolling to appear more dimensional and adhered the Emoji in the center.   

I had also purchased a Smiley Face for another card from Cricut Design Space and thought why not use it again (since it was a big investment of 99 Cents) and make it my focal point for an Emoji Smiley face. 

All I need now is something coffee...so pulled out my CTMH stamp set from last year...stamped the cup on kraft paper and canary, fussy-cut the yellow pieces and pieced on the kraft cup, added a yellow flower with a Emoji stamp on it. 

Selected a plaid that matched with the flowers and smiley face, adhered a layer of Lagoon cardstock and started arranging the pieces on the background until I was happy with it and then adhered the pieces with dots, thin or regular foam, or tape strip for different dimensions.  

I wanted a real Emoji sentiment of sort; but not clever enough so I chose a sentiment from one of the coffee stamp sets which seemed to fit the theme.  Done and here's a Emoji "Thumbs Up" I was very happy with my Emoji Coffee Card.  Hope you all enjoy it too.  


Also forwarded to the following:
The Outlawz Festive Friday "National Pink Day"


Products Used

Design Paper 
     Lawn Fawn "Perfectly Plaid" 
Cardstock 
     CTMH Lagoon, Canary, Cotton Candy and Desert Sand
Punch / Dies
     StampinUp 7/8" circular scallops 
Cricut Design Space 
     Smiley Face M43AAD "Groovy Times" Cartridge 
Inks
     CTMH Black 
Stamps 
     Sentiment - Newton's Nook "Loves Coffee" 
     Bo Bunny Emoji Stamp
     Coffee Cup - CTMH C1616 "Treats of Friendship Occasions"
Other 
     CTMH 3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape 



29 comments:

Migdalia said...

Love it! Total cuteness!

Kim Heggins said...

So cute!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh yes, I enjoyed your cute card very much! So clever!

Ceal said...

So fun!

Ann said...

Such a cute idea with the Emoji's.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Well, here I am nearing the end of the commenting, I think until I refresh. I really loved making this card, and believe it is original and unique...hope all enjoy it...Emoji's it's such a life of us all on iphones, computers, ipads, etc.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a fresh idea for the hop!

Lisa said...

Awesome idea!! Very creative and fun and pretty!

Tee said...

Super cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute and so summery

New Creations said...

Cuteness is here! Enjoyed all of your wonderful creations!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Really awesome!!!

Gail said...

Made me smile! Love it

~amy~ said...

Oh, this is a FUN one...card and post.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so adorable! Love the emojis!

Loly Borda said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love those fun emojis in the center of the flowers and on the cup! I love your fun card! Thanks for sharing and for your kind words on my blog!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh how cute!! I love this peace, love and happiness design!!! Really creative and fun!! HUGS

Sylvia said...

Cute, Sue, love all the faces, this one is indeed so much fun! Happy Wednesday...if I have already been there and said this, the enjoy your evening!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I haven't caught up with the emoji craze yet, but I love smiley faces and happy faces, and your card is absolutely adorable! It's so fun and has a retro vibe - love it!

Doudou said...

Very fun card!

Beverley said...

This is SO fun! Loving the smiley faces and great take on the emoji trend too. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Karen Schroeder said...

Love the retro look! Great card!

Karen B. said...

These images are so fun together!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great design and all looks so good against that pattern paper.

Fikreta said...

Great card!

Hetty said...

I love happy cards! Perfect :-))

Helen F. said...

Too much fun! :-)

Tonya said...

Great card!

Helen Gullett said...

Sooo fun!