Friday, June 24, 2016

Coffee Lovers BlogHop - Day 8

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #199:  Join us in this week’s challenge combining the colors White Daisy, Sunset, Pacifica and Cranberry (all and only) until Thursday, June 30, 2016 to create and link up your project ...look forward to seeing your inspirations for this color challenge. We encourage you to use CTMH products; however you may use any products to participate using closest to colors...and still join in the fun. 


Thanks to Amy Tsuruta and her Design Team for hosting the 2016 Summer Coffee Lovers BlogHop (June 17-24). Click on here to see the many creative cards, tags and paper crafting. Join us in a week of fun and prizes...create cards related to coffee, tea, or hot cocoa with a Summer theme. Link up to the hop and you may be a lucky winner from one or more of the super sponsors...and watch for other blog candy along the way. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and hope you stop by again. 


Day 8:  Let's Celebrate - 4th of July "Sun Tea":  


Well, I wanted to do a Patriotic red, white and blue card for the 4th of July...and I think I accomplished that even with the Sunset color.  The sunset color reminds me of Peach Tea, so this would be my theme for the Coffee Lovers BlogHop.  

I again started out with the wax paper technique and sponged the challenge colors on white cardstock; but I wanted the embossing to show up more so I ran it through the Cuddlebug one more time...loved the effect.  Stamped and printed my images, colored where necessary, fussy-cut and placed on the background with 3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape. Yummy colors...remind me of rainbow sherbert flavors. 



Products Used:

Design Paper and Cardstock 
     CTMH White Daisy, Pacifica 
     CTMH Paper Fundamentals "Sunset" 
Embossing Folders
     Darice "Retro Circles Background" 
Stamp Sets 
     CTMH S1304 My Sunshin SOTM
     CTMH S1602 Balloon Animals SOTM
Digi Images 
     Glass - A freebie, but unknown where I got it
Inks / Pens
     CTMH Black Ink 
     ShinHan alcohol-based Pens 
Other
     3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape 


24 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love your sun tea card, Sue, I haven't made any in a long time. My husband can not have tea any more so...no sun tea! Sweet card, like your sweet tea! It's been fun!

New Creations said...

Perfect summery creation with Patriotic theme, love this amazing creation!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning background...just love your wonderful card.

CatScrapbooking said...

Love your background!!! That is so cool. Fab card!

Gail said...

Lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Love your fun tropical card, awesome colors!

Anonymous said...

Love the summer card!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your peach tea looks delicious! Great card.

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! Too cute!!!

Ceal said...

So cute!

Migdalia said...

Super fun card!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful background!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I really enjoy doing the embossing and coloring with the wax paper technique, but the second embossment made a better background...just stopped by, back to commenting, getting closer to the end.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulously fun card, Sue! I love your stripes and the way you placed the glasses on and behind the sentiment frame. Really cool effect. We're so glad to have you on the Color Dare team!
:) Marie

KT Fit Kitty said...

Lovely, cheerful and sunny! Beautiful embossing folder - I just got this one and haven't used it yet! Love the tropical vibe of your card!

Hetty said...

Wonderful card and great colors. Love that sun!

Maura said...

Love your colors and the embossing!

Tonya said...

Great card!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so fabulous, love it

Lisa said...

Very cool and beautiful!

Beverley said...

Simply AWESOME! Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

P.G. Lamb said...

What a fun summer card! I love all the textures you created!

G Eileen Studios said...

Beautiful background. I love the look of the sponging.