Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall & Sunflowers "Missing You"

As I was planning my card for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #131 combined with Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #163, I got to thinking how much I miss the Fall Season and the fields of Sunflowers back in my hometown in Western New York and created the card with this thought in mind for the Heart2Heart "Home Is" Challenge.    





Poppy, Goldrush, Canary, Cocoa, Kraft











Heart 2 Heart Challenges - Monday Oct 12, 2015 Home is...This week at H2H challenges we are taking a look at our hometowns. Some of us still live there and some of us have moved away. Let us see the area you grew up in, live in, or are from. Share your favorite memories, places, events....what ever you like. Just have fun with it and let it take you where ever it takes you!



Also submitted to
Twist:  Autumn Colors and/or Twine or Both 
October 12-18, 2015 










This is a close-up of the Sunflower and Butterfly.  The green in the center is only in the photo, sometimes yellow will be picked up as green.  Liquid Glass was added to the center of the flower and also on the stem and leaves to give it a little dimension.  

All CTMH Products Unless Specified otherwise: 
Stamp Set:  
     D1247 From Me to You 
Design Paper:  
     Sangria (Instead of Kraft, used Desert Sand w/Cocoa)
     Ink:  Cocoa, Goldrush 
Cardstock: 
     Cocoa, Poppy and Canary
Embellishments and Other:
     Twine 
     Wooden Butterfly Button from Peachy Cheap, Unknown
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Liquid Glass on Center of Sunflower and on Stem 
     "Tree House" Fall Leaf Mix, Metallic sequins
     Wink of Stella "Clear" by Zig


   

18 comments:

Michelle said...

love your card and the butterfly on the flower! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card. I haven't used the leaf pattern of this paper yet, but I think I just might have to today! Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the flower. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I love all of the elements you used... love those leaf sequins...

Laurie Levorson said...

Such an elegant card with those beautiful Sangria colors! Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Christina Hor said...

Sue, you've done it again! Another gorgeous card. Love the different pattern papers and that large single flower really give a stunning finish. I got to hand it to you. You're amazing with sketches! I have trouble working with them. Even the the most CAS ones. Thanks so much for joining with us again at Outlawz Monday Greetings this week and for your continuing support. You must know how much we appreciate you. Looking forward to seeing another stunning creation from you next week. Have a lovely week Sue.

Hugs, Christina
Outlawz Monday-Greetings, DT
memoriescrafter.blogspot.com (personal blog)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Thanks so much for your most generous compliments. I need a sketch to help me arrange a card, and I like to combine them with color challenges as well.

comopark1886 said...

Beautiful as always!

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful!! Love the flower and the metal leaves. Thank you for playing along this week with Color My Heart.

Susan Edwards said...

Sue, I just wanted to alert you that the challenge portion of the BBTB2 blog returned this last Monday. We are awaiting your submissions!!!

Melanie R said...

I was sure I left a comment but I don't see it now... I commented that we both made AHSC cards about our memories of fall in New York State. Your card is perfect for the AHSC challenge with a flower made to perfection and the uniqueness of the sequined leaves. Very pretty!

Lauren said...

What a gorgeous fall inspired card- those colours work so well together. Thanks for playing at H2H and AHSC!

Linda Norman said...

What a beautiful card, it is just stunning! I miss NY too! Love the layers in the flower and all the special touches you added!

Brandi said...

So pretty, we had fields of sunflowers when I lived in Central PA and they were beautiful, I do miss them! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Jessica K said...

SOOOO pretty! I just love, love, love it!

Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Jess - DT

Unknown said...

Very lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

Melissa Robinson said...

That card is simply beautiful! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Comments from Design Team at The Outlawz:
Linda Weber DT on October 14, 2015 at 10:00am
This is beautiful Suzanne. And thank you from our team to you!!!

Joanne (DT) on October 18, 2015 at 3:34pm
Love the big flower! are the panels behind embossed?