Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thinking of You

I wasn't sure about this week's challenge with Color My Heart Color Dare #169, but with the Design Teams' beautiful inspirations I thought...I can do this.  And I only had to bring out one cardstock, white, and one ink Black.  So my work table was very neat until I started piecing it together...and back to my normal messy work area.  The Sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch #150 was used.  


I love white poinsettias so I knew I wanted them on my card.  Poinsettias were cut from Cricut Design Center, crunched, sprayed a Pearl Mist and added a pearl to the center.  Now I needed an embossing folder with flourishes...my selection had butterflies between the flourishes, so I just simply placed my poinsettias over the butterflies.  There were bead flourishes already embossed so I pulled out my bead flourishes and just kept adding them on the already formed flourishes. 

Knowingly I should have stamped the sentiment first, but I didn't. and that was a big mistake...I stamped it very crooked.  Well, I wasn't going to do the card over so a quick fix was done by adding a raised panel for the sentiment, and actually I liked it better then just stamped on the card.  


Please click on any of the highlighted challenges to see the many inspirations and creative designs from each of the Design Team members and the many submissions to these challenges. Some of these challenges may still be open...so hop on by.

 

Entry to focus chiefly on the White Daisy with just the stamped sentiment in Black


CAS(E) The Sketch #150
November 19-December 3, 2015

Also submitted to:

The Outlawz Challenge 
Twisted Thursday, November 19-25, 2015
"Anything Goes" Did not use Twist Something with Wings
and November 2015 Inlinkz

TTCRD "Anything Goes"
November 24-30, 2015

Aud Sentiments Challenge 
November 19 - December 1, 2015
"Anything Goes" Card 3 of 5

DL.Art November Linky Party 
"Anything Goes" Random Draw


CTMH Products Unless Otherwise Specified:
Cardstock
     White Daisy
Inks/Pens
     Black
Stamp Sets
     Sentiment - C1605 Happy to Be Friends Occasions
Embellishments
     Pearl Flourishes from Joanne's
     Center of Flower - Opaques Pearl
Embossing Folder
     Darice - Butterfly Flourish

12 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fantastic card, Sue! Your card is stunningly gorgeous! Great job with the layered poinsettias over the very pretty embossing folder. The pearls make excellent accents. I do like the double matted sentiment--it makes the greeting "pop out" a bit. We're so glad that you share your awesome artwork with us at the Color Dare! Happy Thanksgiving!
:) Marie

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you made the pearls follow the feel of your embossed background. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Pia S said...

Change the sentiment and this card would be perfectly Christmasy. I actually love that you used a butterfly ef. I love when we can use our supplies for other occasions and seasons than they were intended for...

Cicci said...

WOW I love this style of cards!! it really beutiful!!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan{My personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Patricia St Martin said...

Suzanna, Such a stunning white card and love these poinsettia and the embossing folder is wonderful with all the swirls. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
Hugs Pat

Lisa J said...

This is stunning, the pearls are a real elegant touch. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge

Melanie R said...

Lovely and elegant, Sue!

P.G. Lamb said...

The raised panel actually added a lovely dimension to your beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful!! I love all the layers to the flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart.

Darnell said...

And didn't I just do the very same thing recently! I love how you remedied your boo-boo, Sue, and agree that the matted sediment panel works well with your stunning white poinsettias!! This is divine! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

sarahstone said...

I love your layers and pearls. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart.

Sarah

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful mono card! Love the trim! Thanks for joining us over at DL ART! DT member DL.ART Carri~Abusybee
My Blog!