Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sunshine, Freedom & A Little Flower


I am honored to have been chosen as a Guest Designer for this Challenge.  My addiction is entering challenges, and I do a lot of challenges combining Color Dare Challenges to a Sketch Challenge.  I'll usually find a Sketch that I like, and then use the Colors from Color My Heart Color Dare.  

This card is for one of my Grand-daughters moving back to her home state for her senior year in school...we will miss her.  

This is my Guest Designer card for Color My Heart Color Dare #145.  I was playing around with a bunch of stamps and decided to make my own Design Paper for this Color Challenge being there were so many pretty colors just right for a floral paper which I named "Floral Flourish."  Also had a real cute digital image from Bugaboo Stamps that had the same flowers as my floral stamps so decided on that as my focal point and colored using ShinHan pens closest to the colors used in this challenge.  

This card was submitted:  The Outlawz - Thursday "Anything Goes" with Twist Music Inspired.  Maybe this is music, maybe not to some, but the tweeting and chirping in the early morning is music to my ears...of course I'm an early bird LOL.  

and Card submitted to Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #133 - Bingo:  Flowers, Markers and Ribbon; Or Markers, Digi and Stamps and Die-Cut


"Floral Flourish" is made up of (2) CTMH Stamp Sets and Variety of Inks on Daisy White cardstock:
  • S1411 "It's The Little Things SOTM"  Small 5-Petal Flowers stamped with Gypsy, Sunset, Honey and Pacifica Inks; Stem and Leaves stamped with Topiary.      
  • D1413 "Cherished Flourishes"  Small Flair stamped with Sand
Frames for the Sentiments were made and a flower placed in corner with Liquid Glass and sand colored pearl.  Sentiment from CTMH "Just to Say Cricut Collection"

Sentiment CC1014 Pair-a-Phrase


Giving you a closer look at the focal point and embellishments added: 

*  Liquid Glass was added to each of the flowers and then inserted a small sand colored pearl in the center of each flower.  
*  Liquid Glass was used on the Chick's nose and feet and the center of the Sun, and Wink of Stella added to the sun.  
*  A Wink of Stella was added to the Chick's Hat and leaves.  



For the inside of the card I did the same floral design on the bottom right-hand corner. 




9 comments:

Donna said...

What a fun card. I love the random stamping in the background and the yellow doilie as the sun.

Anonymous said...

I adore this B & T. I really need to give digital images a try...I think it's a great way to save room :)

Pia S said...

What a beautiful card, that die cut doily makes a super sun and with the floral paper the design fits the sentiment perfectly. Lovely!

Cat Nowak said...

Super cute! Love the random stamping! Thank you for being our guest designer this week on Color My Heart.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great card, Suzanne! I love the beautiful background you created with the tiny flowers. Thank you for taking on the challenge of being a Guest Designer for the Color Dare last week!
:) Marie

Melanie R said...

When are you going to be selling that gorgeous background paper? Nice job. Your lady bird is so cute!

P.G. Lamb said...

What a super adorable card! The background paper is just as adorable. Thank your for sharing your card as guest designer at Color My Heart Color Dare.

Billie A said...

Really cute card and image. Love this die behind the cute bird. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our bingo challenge.

Julie said...

What a fun card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us in our Bingo challenge at Aud Sentiments
Julie T