Sunday, June 21, 2015

Snowflakes are Kisses Sent from Heaven

The sketch for this card is from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #112, using the ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge #147 Monochromatic (in your choice of any color.)  This was a tough one...but I finally got something together in blue, and getting a head start on my Christmas Cards.


Background made from White Daisy Cardstock and dry embossed with CTMH Dot Embossing Folder.  Snowflakes cut from Cricut Design Space.  Added layer of white to back of the larger flakes and fussy-cut.  Large snowflake was raised with Thin 3D Foam Tape, and brushed on Wink of Stella. Stamped Snowman, colored with Shin-Han alcohol-base pen, fussy-cut, raised with 3D Foam Tape and added Wink of Stella.  Used a Hole Punch to cut centers of snowflakes from White Glitter Tape, and then added Liquid Glass. Layered Sentiment with cardstock and raised with 3D Foam Tape.

Please check out Atlantic Hearts and Color Dare and Fantabulous Cricut Challenges and see the Design Teams inspirations on these challenges.







You get to choose your own colors! 
The catch is, your project has to be monochromatic.




Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Anything Goes
Cricut Cuts - All the Snowflakes on Front of Card

Inside of Card:  Stamped Snowman and Snowflakes on right-hand and bottom of Card with Lagoon Ink, and added a Frame for the Sentiment from C1525 Pear & Partridge Stamp-Set.with Black ink.

All CTMH products except if otherwise noted:
Die-Cuts:  Cricut Design Space, Small Snowflakes "Artbooking"
                  and Large Snowflake "Art Philosophy"
Cardstock:  Daisy White, and Lagoon,
                   and Whimsey Paper Fundamentals Crystal Blue
                   White Glitter Tape, not CTMH
Embossing Folder:  CTMH Dots
Stamp Sets:  Snowmen, Snowflakes, Sentiment:  C1506 Flakey Friends Seasons & Nature
                     Inside Sentiment:  C1525 Pear & Partridge
Inks:  Lagoon, Black  and  Shin-Han Alcohol-base Pens
Others:   Liquid Glass, 3D Thin Foam Tape, Zig "Wink of Stella" Clear

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it... not boring at all for a monochromatic card... and it doesn't even bother me that it's a snowman...lol! Makes it easier since I know there is no chance we'll be able to build one of those here... great take on the sketch!

Melanie R said...

Cute card with lots of texture! Promise that it will make us feel cooler in the triple-digit heat?

Linda Norman said...

Love the Christmas card in the middle of summer! Cool colors and I especially love the snowflake! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

Linda
AHSC Design Team
www.scrappytherapy.com

Brandi said...

First I am going to say...I am so NOT ready for Christmas and cold weather again...but I can't hold that against this sweet card! I love the embossed background reminds me of (eekkks) snow and I love that little snowman, one of my all time favourite little guys! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet. I love it.
Thank you for joining FCC “ANYTHING GOES” challenge this week. Have a blessed day
DIANA L. DT member for FCC
dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Brandi, luv your comments. I came from Buffalo NY, understand completely; however, now in Arizona and we need that cooling off from the 3-digit numbers...but you know what this card isn't cooling it off for us.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great card, Sue! I love how you combined two of my favorite challenges to make this adorable winter card. Thanks for playing along with both the Color Dare and AHSC.
:) Marie

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the snowflake Sue. Such a great card, love the monochromatic colors you chose for Christmas!

Lauren said...

This is such a gorgeous wintery card- we are In winter here in New Zealand so your card fits in perfectly with our weather! Thanks for playing along with AHSC.

Kelly Janes said...

Lots of great texture on this card! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week!

P.G. Lamb said...

I love all the beautiful textures and layers in your card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Donna said...

Fabulous card! Love all the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Cat Nowak said...

So cute! I am not ready to start thinking about Christmas but this is an great card. Thank you for playing along with Color My Heart.

ScrappyHorses said...

Sue, this is adorable! I love that sentiment! Hey, I want to invite you to come over to Cut It Up to play! They offer some fun prizes and I'd love to see what you do with the challenges there!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I just took a look at this Challenge and will probably try it but when they "traditional sticker" what does that mean? Like a CTMH Complement Package, or sequins, are these considered traditional stickers?