Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Heart 2 Heart - Jan 19 Color Challenge

 
This card was made for the Heart 2 Heart Jan 19th Color Challenge.  My Birth month is December and the Color Ponderosa Pine.  Again I am a first time player, but have submitted other January challenges.  For this challenge I used Ponderosa Pine cardstock, and selected CTMH "Pear & Partridge" Paper in which the darker green in this particular paper had a real close match to the Ponderosa Pine.  For the contracting color I used another paper from the same paper pak.  The center doily I had die-cut some time ago and never used.  From another scrap I was able to cut out a couple of the tree branches (flairs), leaves and partridge from the same paper and used thin foam tape to pop it up.  Added Sentiment from Stamp Set C1525 Pear & Partridge, and Gold Sequins finished the card off.  This could also be submitted for the Jan 5th Challenge "Old is New", but had already made a scrapbook page for that challenge.  Go to the Heart 2 Heart Challenges and see other beautiful papercrafting...January is still open for all their challenges. 
 
"Pear & Partridge" CTMH was one of my favorite Holiday Paper Paks which I used for my Christmas Cards three years ago.  Back a couple weeks ago when my daughter and I were scrapping I saw that she had the Pear & Partridge Cardmaking Workshop and I had to have it for next Christmas...so, it lives on, not retired for me. 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. You did a WONDERFUL job on this Color Challenge for H2H!!! Thanks for playing (for the very 1st time)...hope we see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I might have to borrow that stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. That color seems like a big challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I really love your card. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    Brandi R.
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sue! This card is adorable! Love it! I still have some of that paper, also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great job picking out your birthday color in that paper packet! Thanks for sharing it at H2H challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by...your comments are much appreciated. Hope to hear from you again.