Friday, September 14, 2018

You Are Top KOALA-ty - Color Dare #310

My Design Team project for ColorMyHeart Color Dare #310 was combined with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #281 using primarily cardstock, dies and stamp.  Followed the sketch with lots of layering using the colors in the challenge, stamped the Koala, some coloring and added liquid glass to his eyes, nose and feet.  






 


We use CTMH color names for reference... however, you are welcome to use any products as long as you match closest to the colors in the Board. No additional colors except those on the color palette.  New Guidelines on Neutrals: White, Cream, Black, Gray, Kraft and Brown(s) are free to use; however if they are included in the challenge graphic they MUST be used in your creation.  

Please visit Tracey's post Here for some history of Color Dare. I'm also a big fan and design team member of the color dare challenges, and please take Tracey up on her invite regardless of the color sources you use.  We invite all and would love your participation...so come on Stampin' Up let's show some tough competition.  

MY HISTORY IN COLOR DARE:  In late 2014 Atlantic Hearts was a sketch challenge that my daughter talked me into participating in.  Being new I needed more help with color and theme...so found my color challenge at ColorMyHeart Color Dare, and my theme challenge at Heart2Heart.  So many of my cards satisfied all three challenges and faithfully participated weekly for well over a year.  It wasn't until January of 2015 that Marie Flayer invited me to be a Design Team Member of Color Dare...there was hesitation but Marie was quite convincing, I could do this and I'm still hanging in with the hope that our challenges will again have more participation.  Stampin' Up and all the other color competitors, if you're reading this, let's show some tough competition and join our challenge. 

In March 2015 I won my second Diamond and it was one of my favorite cards I ever created, a black, white and grey color challenge a humming bird made with cricut cuts, ...well maybe there are a couple more. 



Please stop by and view the DT's inspiration for these challenges. Please join us...we would love to see the projects you create. This Color Dare Challenge will be open for (2) weeks AND you still have time to enter in our previous Color Dare #309 Click Here.  




Also sent to the following challenges:  
Crafty Gals Corner #174 - 3+ Layers 
The Outlawz - Twisted Thursday w/o Optional Pearls


CTMH Products Unless Identified Otherwise:  
Design Paper 
     Paper Fundamentals "Enchantment Peacock" 
Cardstock 
     Ruby, Peacock and Kraft 
Stamp Set 
     D1751 Punny Pals - Operation Smile
Dies 
     Waffle Flower #310111 "Pinking Layers"  
     Tutti Designs #Tutti-417 "Scalloped Stitched Nesting Ovals" 
     Whimsey Stamps 2016 "Border Dies" 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Liquid Glass 


10 comments:

Michelle said...

Your Koala card is adorable. I really like how you used the colors of this color dare. The details with the dots, stitches and scalloped edges are great eye candy!

papercraftingprincess said...

Your card is so cute...and I'm not lion!!!

Cat Nowak said...

Great card! I like how you used the offset ovals and the two colors for the strips.

Vandra said...

I love your Koala (I am from Australia so we LOVE Koala's here). As other comments have said I too love the scalloped ovals and edging work you've done.

Christine said...

A lovely card! The pierced and stitched dies create such a clean look, and I love the way you offset the scalloped ovals. Thanks for the introduction to a new challenge. It's busy at school right now (I teach fifth grade and love it!), but I have bookmarked the challenge for some holiday fun.
Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Diana Soling said...

This is such a sweet card. Love your take on the sketch and the colors are perfect. Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

Dena J said...

Really love how much texture and interest the dies add to the card stock panel. And your koala is adorable. It is delightful to get color and sketch challenges working together in one project! Sometimes they can inspire in totally unexpected ways. Beautiful work, and thank you for joining us at AHSC this week.
Dena J.
DT

foleysfriend said...

What an adorable koala! Great job with the sketch. I like the offset ovals and the edge of the rectangle background. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Annette Clark said...

Fabulous card, Sue! I admit, that particular color combo had me stumped but I love what you did with it, especially layering the strips and die cuts, and that adorable koala image. Glad you could pair up your your DT project for Color My Heart with this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Kleri said...

This Koala is super sweet!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)