Friday, January 19, 2018

Be My Valentine - Color Dare #276

This is my design card made for Color Dare #276 combined with the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #436 and Try Stampin' On Wednesday Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #1 (Die Cut, Heart and Paper Piecing).  Even though the color palette didn't have any pink or red in it I decided to do a Valentine Card with Green...a little out of the box but I'm happy with  it.  Die cut the heart with cardstock and a design paper and pieced together, the center heart is raised with thin foam sheet




Please stop by and view the DT's inspiration for these challenges...and the Color Dare Challenge will be open for (2) weeks and you still have time to enter in our #275 color challenge of Blossom, Heather and Fern.   









Also submitted to the following Challenges


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise:  
Design Paper
     Paper Fundamentals "Whimsey Green Leaf"
     Chelsea Gardens
Cardstock
     Green Leaf, Heather and White Daisy 
Dies 
     IO Dies #DIE511-T "Scribble Heart" 
     Lawn Fawn #LF1297 "Be My Valentine Border" 
Other 
     Thin Foam Sheet
      






11 comments:

Carol S86303 said...

That is so pretty! The color combo wouldn't have inspired me to do a valentine but I'm glad you had that inspiration! Out of the box - but really nice.

Ann said...

This card really "speaks" to me... love the design, love the colors, love everything about it. Thanks for sharing...

Debbie said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! I love the non-traditional color for Valentine's!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Michelle said...

Oh I love this card! That heart is amazing! Really good paper choices too.

Susan Fogle said...

This card is so pretty, Sue! I think I’m in love with that heart die! I like how you pieced it together and popped up the center heart.

Alyson Mayo said...

I love, love, love that scribbly heart die! The non traditional colours for Valentine's Day are so different but still speak volumes. Terrific card :)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love that heart die and how you backed it up with the Chelsea Gardens paper. Great flip of the sketch too. Fabulous card!
:) Marie

Becca Yahrling said...

Love this 'out of the box' color for Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

I love the hearts and the swirls!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Love the design and the colors look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Three Amigos!

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and design layout for this card. Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!