Friday, July 21, 2017

Always Be You - Color Dare #253

On Facebook I had seen some cards with the Retiform Technique and went to YouTube for a tutorial...there are so many but I did my card using the instructions by Lisa Furbush "Creating a Retiform Background".  Somewhat modified and used many of my stamps in the colors for this week's ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge #253.  Fun Card to create.  

My white strips were too thick and bold for me ... and since Gold was an option ... decided to cover them with Gold Glitter Tape.  Cutting the width at 1/4" there was an 1/8" strip left over and wished I had used them instead.  However, the tape would not come off clean ... wished I had experiemented before adhering the tape ... lesson learned for the next time.  The images were stamped with Slate Ink after stamping once to soften the color.  



This month we are challenging you to using the color palette from the "Prickly Pear" paper pack and the Color Challenge for this week is: Poppy, Tangerine, Willow, Glacier, Slate, White Daisy with Optional Gold. If you don’t have these CTMH colors you may substitute similar colors. Hop on by and see the many inspirational cards by our DT and other entrants.  

Reminder: Click on side bars for Color Dare SNEAK PEEKS for future July color challenges so you can plan ahead ... and join the Buddy Program, and help your Buddy enter a project as well. 



For the inside of the card I used the same technique on the border.  It was when I tried the 1/8" strip of gold glitter tape on the white strips I wanted to dismantle my card and use them on the front.    

CTMH Products Used Unless Specified Otherwise
Cardstock
     Poppy and White Daisy  
Stamp Sets 
     S1411 It's the Little Things SOTM
     Stampendous "Bouquet For You" 
     C1674 Dreamin' Big-Cardmaking 
     B1432 Love This 
Inks 
     Poppy, Tangerine, Willow, Glacier, and Slate 
Embellishments 
     Gold Glitter Tape 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool! I love the colored panels. I totally have to check out this technique. Thank you for showcasing it.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the stamped panels - this is such a cool technique and definitely one to file into that "must try" folder. Looks fabulous!

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Love your interpretation of this technique! On my card making bucket list!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I love this card. I don't know this technique - gonna look it up!!!

Melanie R said...

Quite an unusual interpretation of retiform but your card is beautiful in color and design!