Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Anything is Possible - AHSC #214

My card this week as Design Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #214. Join this challenge...you have until Sunday, June 4th to enter your project.

The design team reveal for this sketch will be on Wednesday, so be sure to stop by to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team and other entrant inspirations for this challenge...and stop by every Monday for new sketches. Don't wait for the DT post to create your project...show us up with your artwork. 

This weekend we had one of the ladies from Our Little Crop Group show us some of the tangles...what a fun time.  Please meet Jean Chaney and her artwork at Tangle Street Studio and the Zentangle results of our fun class.    

We learned several tangles and I tried to incorporate them into a focal point for the AHSC, but just learned that I was creating a ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Card). The inside may be more related to Zentangle, correct me if I'm wrong Jean. Found some retired Paper Fundamentals (Basic-Black) which went well with the Zentangle.  

Also did my own sentiment using Brush Lettering, a class we took awhile ago...it shows me I need a little more practice on both...and the sentiment was so fitting for my experiment with Tangles.  



Jean, help me here too...since I may be tested on this, these are the tangles that I used
Center of Flowers and Dragonfly's head - Printemps.  
Flowers and Wings of Dragonfly - Crescent Moon and Aura
Stems - Mirror and Perfs
Leaves - Bales
Ground - Tipple 
Sentiment is Brush Lettering 



The Inside were the following tangles
Tipple, Knight's Bridge, Crescent Moon and Static 


Products Used
Specialty Paper 
     Paper Fundamentals "Basic-Black" 
Cardstock 
     Colonial White and Black 
Other 
     Thin Foam 
     Micron 01 Archival Ink Pen for Tangles
     TomBow Brush Pen WS-BS 150






4 comments:

Melanie R said...

We had such a fun class with Jean. Cannot wait to make a Zentangle Inspired Art card myself. Congrats on using what we learned on a card! I think what you called Ora, is actually Aura, but I could be wrong.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Aura it is, Melanie, but we must remember that there are no mistakes in Zentangle, LOL! It certainly was a fun class working with such talented ladies. I knew that you, Sue, were very interested in adding tangles to your cards and you really pulled it off on this one. Your ZIA is amazing for a beginner and that paper really sets it off. I am also impressed with your script. It looks like a purchased sentiment! And, yes, the inside of your card is Zentangle, and is really well done. Love this!

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - very cool! Love the way this was incorporated into a card! Would be interesting to add colour to a design of this nature if that is possible... the possibilities of something like this would be endless! Love it!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Ooh, I love this zentangled card! It looks fabulous and so classy in just black and white. Thanks for inspiring me today.
:) Marie