Monday, March 27, 2017

Right on Cue - AHSC #205

My card this week as Design Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #205. Join this challenge...you have until Sunday, April 2nd to enter your project.

The design team reveal for this sketch will be on Wednesdays, so be sure to stop by to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team and other entrant inspirations for this challenge...and stop by every Monday for new sketches.  Don't wait for the DT post to create your project...show us up with your artwork.  


Well, look at this sketch...I showed it to my husband and asked him what it looked like...first he said balloons and then he said billiard balls.  He used to be a fanatic with pool in his younger days...our Community Club House has several pool tables so I thought he might take it up again.  Wrong, only played once and we've been here 11 years.  My initial thought was also cue balls so off to Cricut Design Space.  




Modified the 8 Ball and used some stitched number dies...and looked on computer to make sure I had the right colors for the right numbers...yes, I'm weird, but in my younger days I also played pool but couldn't remember the colors, just stripes and solids.  And the Poppy Paper Fundamentals was so cool as a background.  

Now, there isn't much on sentiments for a Billiard Ball card...but did find advertising themes of "Rack 'Em" "Love is right on Cue" so designed my own sentiment in Design Space and chose "Right on Cue" and then had a Happy Birthday Border Die...and it seemed to rhyme. I thought I was pretty clever and happy with the results...

but who this goes to...who knows.  If anyone has a hubby or friend that plays pool, it's yours...just show in comments where to mail it to.   



On the inside I just added a Ram Bubble and an extra cue ball cut before deciding on the background paper.  


Also sent to the following Challenges:


CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise:
Design Paper 
     Paper Fundamentals "Enchanted" Poppy 
Cardstock
     Indian Corn, Lemon, Gypsy, Poppy, Black and White Daisy 
Cricut Design Space 
     Indie Art #M46CF5 8 Ball 
     Sentiment - Right on Cue (Text)
Dies 
     Paper Smooches - Ram Bubble (Inside of Card)
     Lawn Fawn - Happy Birthday Border
     Lil' Inker - Mixed & Stitched Numbers



2 comments:

Melanie R said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch. I never saw the billiard balls until I saw your card. Great masculine card!

Anonymous said...

How stinkin' cute is this??? I might have to redo my brother in laws birthday card.