Sunday, June 26, 2016

Celebrate Your Day

This card was created using Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, and Heart2Heart Challenges using Calyso Paperpak and Birthday Celebration at Between the Folds.  

I picked out a stamp set I was going to use (CTMH Puppy Stamp set) so my next step was to go to Cricut Design Space for a doghouse. After experimenting with the puppy stamp I wasn't happy with it so I sought out another puppy stamp, colored and fussy-cut. The Calypso paperpak had a blue design paper for sky and a green for the grass, and another blue stripe for the doghouse.  



Since I was babysitting for my Grand fur-babies (Jack and Riley) I was able to go through my daughter's stash of dies and pick out some items to complete the scenery....I went crazy.  

The little homescape strip along the back of the doghouse was so cute and thought it could be my strip from the sketch.  Added some foreground grass just for dimension.  For the bow in the sketch I placed a doggie bone in a dish and wrapped a glitter ribbon around it in celebration of a Birthday.  Dressed up the puppy with a glitter bow tie and added a cloud for the sentiment.  

I chuckled as I looked at the card compared to the sketch and thought I went a little out of the box, but I was pleased with it anyway.     


Products Used:  

Design Paper 
     CTMH Calypso PaperPak 
Cardstock 
     CTMH Black, White Daisy, Pear and Red
     CTMH Glitter Paper "Blue" 
Stamp Sets 
     Puppy - Paper Sweeties 
     Sentiment - Paper Sweeties
Inks/Pens
     CTMH Black Ink
     ShinHan alcohol-based Pens
Cricut Design Space 
     Dog House M38413 - Cricut Cartridge "Create a Critter" 
Dies
    Puppy, Bone, Dish - Elizabeth Crafts 
    Bow Tie, and Ribbon/Bow - Craftin Desert Divas
    Background scenery - Sugar Pea Cuts "Homescape" 
    Cloud - Paper Sweeties
    Grass - Lawn Fawn


12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

an adorable card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Lori said...

Such a cute card! Love the little bits of sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at AHSC!

Lisa said...

Adorable!! This is a great scene! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts this week!

Ali said...

Precious!!!!!! I just 100% love this. The wee details just make it SO special. TY for coming to play over at AHSC this week! ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a cute little scene! I love the little dog and his food dish! Love the added bows too!

comopark1886 said...

What a sweet little puppy! You did a great job with the sketch!

Annette Clark said...

This card is ADORABLE! Everything about it is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC and BTF this week.

Donna said...

Too cute! Love the glitter bows and all your details on this card. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

aw this is so precious!! Thank you for playing along at Between the Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog! DT Jen

Jessica K said...

This is absolutely adorable! So cute! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Anonymous said...

Very cute - and such a unique use of the Calypso papers. I had to look so carefully to see which patterns you used and where they were! Love that little dog and the whole scene you created. Very "out of the box" thinking... Nice!

Brandi said...

Adorable! The dog is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca