Thursday, March 17, 2016

You're One of a Kind

This card was created using Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #151.  Wasn't sure what I was going to do with this sketch...it looked like a series of band aids for a Get Well Card but DT Members already had this same idea.  So, back to the drawing board...I didn't want to use just patterned paper for each section so I thought a combination of many flowers would be a great spring card.  
  

  


I cut several flowers from Cricut Design Space, and then stamped them with a variety of colors using the polka dot flower, glued the white flower to each and adhered on card in sets of three using glue and 3D Thin Foam Tape on the ones in the middle and leaving a space for the Sentiment.  



This is a close up of the Sentiment and the pretty bird showing the foam tape layering.  





The inside of the card was decorated on the inside right-hand corner with some left-over flowers, leaving space for a personal note.  




Also submitted to the following:  








CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper
     Penelope 
Cardstock
     White Daisy and Pacifica
Stamp Set
     Flowers - D1491 Hooray Bouquet 
     Sentiment - B1441 Buggy Love Seasons & Nature 
     Bird - S1304 My Sunshine SOTM    
Cricut Design Space 
     CTMH Art Philosophy M4356A "Flower"
     CTMH Artiste M3D61C "Bird"
Inks
     Pacifica, Canary, Gypsy, Lagoon, Cotton Candy
     Thistle, Pear 
Other
     3D Regular and Thin Foam Tape 





12 comments:

Melanie R said...

Your card is so perfect for spring, Sue. The colors and flowers are cheerful and I love the whimsical bird!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is adorable - it is so soft and pretty. I love the idea and it is such a unique take on this sketch. Absolutely gorgeous :)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card love the soft tones Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Dena J said...

This is amazing! Perfect use of the sketch, lots of dimension and color, and I love how the flowers are on the inside as well. Thank you so much for joining AHSC this week.

Michelle said...

great use of the sketch! it's good to think outside the box! I bet those flowers took a lot of time. thanks for joining us at AHSC

Lisa said...

So pretty! What a great way to use the sketch... Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card, Sue! I love your flowers and pretty bird. Way to think "outside the box" or bandaid in this case!
:) Marie

Ali said...

Stunning and sweet card! I adore this so much! WTG- love how you popped up the birdie!! :) TY for having fun w/ us at Atlantic Hearts this week! (Ali- AHSC Design Team Member)

Brandi said...

I adore the rows of flowers, I would have never thought of that at all, great thinking! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

comopark1886 said...

Very pretty. I went with the obvious for my card, but you used your imagination to make it something different!

Jessica K said...

This is gorgeous! :) I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week! Jess - DT

Linda Norman said...

Love the colors and the flowers were pure genius! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Linda N
DT member AHSC
www.scrappytherapy.com